2 inches in 5 months...

Options
I am going to Disney in March with my man. I recently lost 40 lbs and have been doing well keeping it off. That being said, I now want to lose 2 inches off each thigh, and off my waist/mid-section. I have 5 months to do this, very do-able, but I would like to hear some feedback, and suggestions. I think I am going to get a mini trampoline for the lower-body workout :-)

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    You'll get a lot of responses about the inability to spot reduce, but if this exercise you're choosing to do is in addition to your current workouts, it definitely couldn't hurt. =)
  • lhatt83
    lhatt83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    TurboFire took an inch off each thigh and 1.5 off my waist in the 1st month :)
  • drakechic08
    drakechic08 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The results people see with 30DS are awesome. You might want to try that.
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I figured that would happen (comments about not being able to spot reduce). I don't care if I lose inches everywhere else, I am just going to be keeping track of my thighs and waist :-)
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    What is 30DS?
  • meganlynn0103
    Options
    i did pilates and it helped shape my waist. didnt notice much on the thighs but that is something you can try.
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    It may be hard to find these days, but Winsor's Pilates bun and thigh DVD always works for me. its about 20 minutes, 10 minutes each leg and entirely on the floor. No matter how much weight I gain, I do not have cellulite and I get compliments on my thighs. I've been doing it off and on for about 10 years. I'm 35 and weigh 181 lbs right now and I have 4 year old , but I have the butt and legs of a 19yr that is 125 lbs :)
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    30DS = 30 day shred, it's a Jillian Michaels workout DVD
  • Michelle_Nicole
    Michelle_Nicole Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Try out some of Jillian Michaels' DVD's. I have done most of them and they are all amazing. I always seem to lose inches with every DVD no matter which one. Her Kick boxing one is really good, I have been doing that for awhile now and lost 2 Inches on each thigh and a few on my waist too!

30DS is Jillians 30 day shred DVD
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    30DS is Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred
  • BIRT1956
    BIRT1956 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    30DS is Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I did the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 last month and lost 2 inches from my waist. I started the 30 Day Shred last week. I have found that the Ripped in 30 is tougher to do than the 30 Day Shred. I have about 5 lbs left to lose but went from a size 14 to size 12 with no weight loss but from doing the DVD's. Hope this helps.
  • clairecandoit11
    clairecandoit11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS!! =)

OH... and wall sits!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy. I have lost 3 inches of my waist since August, with only about 2 pounds lost during that time! Check out the book "New Rules of Lifting for Women", game changer!