Has anyone over 40 went back to school?..................

Options
After last nights debates when one of them said that a lady 55 years old went back to school and got her degree or something to that effect. I was thinking wow that is fantastic! I believe that we can be and do anything we want to. Being told so often especially about weight that your to old ("to loose" weight or get in shape It is what it is at a certain age")....... Why bother going back to school "your to old" WELL, i dont believe any of it! There are some of us that are so much better now at anything and everything than we were "back then" Has anyone gone back to school for any reason? What was your motivation? Did you have something to prove? Please share. Maybe if you were thinking about going back and never did ,THIS WILL BE YOUR INSPIRATION!! :)

Replies

• ScumbagSteve
    ScumbagSteve Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    School is for suckas. Hustle for life.
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Um..I've been 'back to school' for the past 4 years, upgraded to RN and now working on my Bachelors degree. I know A Lot of people my age and older that are in school. Why? Because no job is secure any more and you can not become stagnant in this economy.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Only to pick up my kids .........jk I don't see anything wrong with it at any point in your life.
  • ukulele2010
    ukulele2010 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm in graduate school for the second time and I'm over 40. I hope to complete this degree sometime soon... I want to teach at a university so the degree is pretty much required....
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    I went back to school at 39, got my BA and MA
    While working full time, raising a kid and running a home

It was tough and I pulled so many all nighters that I now have raging insomnia but it was worth it.
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    That is awesome! I am so encouraged to do so myself. :happy: I do remember one saying long ago and if i would have listened i would have been done by now but never the less im listening now.............The saying went something like this:

IF YOU ARE 45 NOW AND IT TAKES YOU 5 YEARS TO FINISH YOU WILL BE 50 YEARS OLD,. SOME SAY THATS TO OLD SO WHY BOTHER?....................WELL , HOW OLD WILL YOU BE IN 5 YEARS IF YOU DONT DO IT????? ........EXACTLY! JUST DO IT! :flowerforyou:
  • janetcarrie
    janetcarrie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i am 53 and just started my masters degree in pschology and loving it, you are never too old to learn something new
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with it, everyone in my courses in college for the past 5 years have been 35 years or older, I was always the youngest. It's common around here, a lot of older people are going back to school, and I find that they are all VERY smart!
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    School is for suckas. Hustle for life.

:laugh:
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    Um..I've been 'back to school' for the past 4 years, upgraded to RN and now working on my Bachelors degree. I know A Lot of people my age and older that are in school. Why? Because no job is secure any more and you can not become stagnant in this economy.
    Congrats on going for your Bachelors degree that is awesome! :flowerforyou: ...........and you are so right about the economy.
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    I'm in graduate school for the second time and I'm over 40. I hope to complete this degree sometime soon... I want to teach at a university so the degree is pretty much required....
    I have no doubt you will succeed! :glasses:
  • afreeman1956
    afreeman1956 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I received my degree two years ago at the age of 55!
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options

That's great, congratulations!
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    i am 53 and just started my masters degree in pschology and loving it, you are never too old to learn something new
    You go girl!!! I love that!
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    WTG!! love it! Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou: