Breasts and weight loss

Options
I have heard that when you lose weight you generally lose all the way around. I have dieted before and lost up to 20 lbs but my breasts just kind of seem to stay the same and actually begin to look larger against the smaller body. I dont like this! Aside from push ups to tighten muscle and reign them in a bit any other suggestions to naturally reduce as you lose weight? And I mean physically, not by restraining or hiding with different bras!

Replies

• Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Get to your target body fat percentage and see what you are left with. It may be the fat doesn't start coming off of them until near the end. If they are still too large when you are lean then surgery would be the only option.
  • drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    There's two possible things going on here. One is, as the previous poster mentioned, we all lose weight differently. I'd love to take some of the fat from my gut and spread it around a bit, since it's nearly the only fat left on my body, but there's still a fair amount. No can do. My body has decided that the belly fat will be the last to go, and not amount of situps will change that.

The other thing is that your breasts aren't all, or necessarily even mostly, fat. Women actually have mammary tissue in their breasts, and some women have a lot more of it than others. You can't really "lose" that. Some women are simply blessed, or cursed if you prefer, with large tracts of land and no amount of exercise will change that (hormone therapy or steroids might, but that's a really bad idea).

That said, at least some of your bust size is probably fat, so you'll likely lose some, just maybe not as much as you'd like.
  • nessat18
    nessat18 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have had d,dd and bigger cup sizes for the past 10+ years. Once I started to lose weight they slowly shrank on the first 50 lbs but the last 20 my boobs have shrunk dramatically!! I measured what cup size I should be wearing since the bra I am in is a DD right now and I measured for a B cup. So I would say if you have always had boobs they won't start shrinking until the end and that is if your genes aren't against you and like being big busted!!! Hope that helps!
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Go to a GOOD store and get a bra fitting. (NOT Victoria's Secret, as they change up the fitting so that you "fit" into the sizes that they sell!!!) So, go to a Dillards, Nordstroms, Macy's, even JCPenney's and Kohl's will be better than VS and get fitted.

You ARE losing (staying in the same cup size with each change in band width) but until you lose all of the band width "extra fat" you may not see a change in the cup size. The only way you aren't losing in the bust is if the band width changes (smaller) but the cup size increases.
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have been blessed(so to speak) with a double/tripple size cup since grade school and got up to 194lbs(from 2003-2011 after marriage), now down to 147lbs (and counting), and still in a that same size bra, so it differs from person to person. I've been top heavy all my life, I will be having a breast reduction in December thank GOD, I'm sick of them, they have been "Hanging" around way to long.
  • robmcd88
    robmcd88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I fail to see the problem here.
  • sadein
    sadein Posts: 40
    Options
    We all have different body types. I'm 5'11". I've weighed as little as 125 (too thin) and the smallest I've been is a D. Normally I'm a DD. In high school, when I was running track, I had to wear two underwire bras to keep from being in pain. Like someone else said, buy a good bra and I'll add, embrace your curves.
  • jllove871
    jllove871 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments! I am 5'3 and so the breasts seem to occupy a lot of space I just get frustrated. I have been fitted at Macys but the fit was very uncomfortable and I tended to bulge. Anyway husband read post and was not very happy with the interest in minimizing, men! Its not like he has to carry them. I am doing the 100 push up challenge so maybe they will tighten up and I will be resized and refitted! Every woman has body issues, thats one of mine, and not hurting back yet so I guess my only ***** is that there are so many cute outfits I cant wear, i would love to look cute in tanks instead of like a toothpase tube over rolled!