Would sweating a lot ruin spray tan???

Options
bcf7683
bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
So all through high school and college I was the one going to the tanning bed 3-4 times a week... Last winter I started getting white splotches up my neck and on to my face, seemed like they were spreading and multiplying as I kept tanning. So I can't tan normally in the sun/tanning bed anymore because of these stupid spots. I don't want to turn into a dairy cow.

I was thinking about starting spray tanning, but I didn't know that if sweating a lot at the gym everyday would ruin it? I'd rather not look like a zebra from wiping the sweat off my face.

Any experiences/advice?

Replies

• bcf7683
    Options
    Anyone......?
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    yes it's fine....just dont go to the gym the day you actually get the spray tan. It may last a day or 2 less if you sweat a lot but you won't be walking around with white spots or anything
  • bcf7683
    Options
    Well I kind of wanted to use it as a fix instead of going to the actual tanning bed.... So it probably wouldn't work as a long term solution? I wanted to go to a salon once a week or so and get it done there
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I have an unlimited spray tan package (I'm naturally really pale and done want to get all wrinkly). I am a BIG time sweater. Especially lately during my Insanity workouts. The only thing I notice is around my sports bra, it does rub off some but it just looks like bathing suit tan lines.
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    It won't wipe away with the sweat, but it may rub off depending on what exercising you do. Just try and keep moisturized as much as possible.
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    YES it will streak! You need to wait a day before doing any sweating. Even with that my daughter got sprayed last spring and she was playing soccer so wearing the shin guards caused the tan to also rub off and that area. So I think spray tans are fine for someone needing a quick fix for a pagent, prom or special event but on a weekly bases. Not to mention even the BEST spray tans leave your fingers, knee caps, ankles, elbows darker, kind of like with the lotions.