If you didn't have work...

Options

Replies

• IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Assuming money wasn't an issue I would spend my time in the Caribbean, sipping rum drinks under my own private palm tree. I suppose I would allow my husband to be there too. :tongue:

More realistically, I would adopt 2 or 3 dogs and spend my time loving them and spoiling them. And go to the beach.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have to work and money wasn't an issue, I would definitely travel as many places as I could, own a crap ton of dogs, try my hand at creating my own fashion line, and attend as many concerts as possible. :-)
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If money was also no object....

I'd travel and when it got old...

I'd come back to my nice house and a nice barn full of horses that my daughter and I could ride and any that didn't have homes we could foster until we found them home.

:-)
  • valolerie
    valolerie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'd love to travel and see the world, and do lots of volunteer work, maybe overseas. Unfortunately this will never happen. :(
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just curious MFPers. If you could live your life anyway you wanted and didn't have to go to work EVER, how would you spend your days? Who would you spend it with and what would you accomplish or NOT accomplish. Just curious...

if i didnt work i would be ripped, as i would have all the time in the world to work out, and plan and make a perfect diet... and i would probably have a much cleaner and tidier house...

if money was no object i would be busy travelling the world!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I would actually still like to work, probably doing same/similar thing
    but I would switch to part time
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    i would spend it on the lake in a boat fishing...or working on old cars
  • I would... probably keep working. Not the job I have now, but the eventual career that I hope to have? Working in theatre? That's what I want to do with my life. Eventually getting paid for it will just be kind of a bonus.
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Freelance Video Game reviews. Hell, I'll do it for free!

Gaming is a hobby of mine, I'll play any game out there at least ONCE. After that, I love sharing what my experiences are, often writting it up to friends, but never goes elesewhere (though some have poked me to try to send to publications). The job doesn't pay well, and honestly, there's only so many games, and so much time, and you can't spend THAT much time on games you really like.

Still? Money never an issue in my life? Sure, I'd do it for the helluvit.
  • moniraq
    moniraq Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'd go ahead and buy my home in Italy, move there with my honey and without worrying how we'd support ourselves. Once there, I'd set up my bookstore (that I'm doing part-time, after day job now) and concentrate on that full-time. Oh yeah...and I'd eat lots of fresh Italian food!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I'd spend my days brewing beer, drinking beer, having sex and shooting guns. Followed by eating, sleeping and the occasional shower.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I have unlimited money now right?

Travel...spend months on end living in different cities - Paris, Budapest, Prague, London, Rome...
    Workout more
    Eat clean
    Get a more environmentally friendly car/house
    Learn French and Italian
    Establish a school for poor children in a third world country
    Establish a scholarship program here
    Establish a trust fund for all my nephews and my future children
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    holeinabox.jpg
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'd live in a cabin and do every mud run I could.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I don't have to work now, but I choose to. So, I guess my answer is work anyways.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'd volunteer in a museum!!! I cannot think of anything better to do all day!

This!!!!
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I would sleep in everyday! Spend time with my kids and go where ever they want to go and visit my family more often in SC! I love my family and i love spending time with them!!
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'd still work, because I really enjoy my job and I'd miss it. But I'd take vacations whenever I wanted and for however long I wanted... so maybe it would be more like part time volunteering for my work.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'd hike the appalachian and pacific coast trail. Take photos the whole way and write a blog or maybe a book. then I'd find something similar to do in europe and south america.

But that would be very hard for me to do. I have sleep apnea. Need my machine. It's big, heavy, and would be more cumbersone to pack along with a battery pack.
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Gaming and writing!

I'd probably do some traveling too if money wasn't an option.