Any Fuhrmanites out there?

Options
Hi all. I just saw Dr. Fuhrman on Dr. Oz, and I feel inspired to try his approach to eating and wellness. Has anyone else out there tried it? Any tips? Thanks!

Replies

• SlenderSuze
    SlenderSuze Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    There's an Eat to Live group here.
  • ccv39
    Options
    Hi! I have been doing Dr. Fuhrman's program for 3 months and I have lost 50 lbs. Are you just starting the program?
  • gratefulmom21
    gratefulmom21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow! 50libs! That's awesome. I have finished the book,and I have to be honest. I just don't think there is any way I could do it. However, I can't get the studies and information he discusses out of my head, so it has prompted me to make some big changes. We are going to eat much less meat and animal products around here, and I am increasing veggie portions as well. I have three sons (5,4 and 2) who fortunately are pretty good eaters, but I still think there is room for improvement. My husband loves meat, but even he was scared by some of the things in the book, so maybe he will be open to a few vegetarian meals. Best of luck to you!
  • ccv39
    ccv39 Posts: 2
    Options
    I thought the same thing too. But I was having these awful headaches and when I went to the doctor, she took my blood pressure and the numbers were frightening. It was 180/110 which is stroke level or heart attack level. I was so depressed over it. I record Dr. Oz and that night, I saw the segment with Dr. Fuhrman. It's funny because I thought I would just stick to it for 6 weeks and try to lose the 20 lbs he guarantees you wil lose it you do his program. Anyway, I didn't feel I had a choice given the doctor's grim prognosis. I am not going to lie, it was not easy, the first 20 days being the most difficult but it became easier and when I went back to see the doctor after 1 month, I had lost 25 lbs so it does work. Now, I have been doing it for 4 months and I no longer have the headaches and my eczema is also gone, which I had for the past 25 years and had been taken medications for it. I recommend seeing a documentary called "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" because the 2 guys follow Dr. Fuhrman's plan and they lose all their weight, turn their lives around and gain optimal health. There is another really good documentary called "Processed People" and Dr. Fuhrman is in it too. I hope to reach my goal by December (I still have 25-30 lbs) to go and I think I am going to just do the animal products/wheat/dairy every so often. It really gives your body a chance to reclaim good health. Oh, the best part is that I am also now able to work out 4-5 days a week and my blood pressure is now 109/74 which is normal and very good. Please give it just a 20 day chance and then you can see it for yourself! You can do it!!
  • blackiris49
    blackiris49 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • gratefulmom21
    gratefulmom21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are an inspiration! I know you will meet your goals! I will take a look at those documentaries. Thanks!
  • blackiris49
    blackiris49 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I thought the same thing too. But I was having these awful headaches and when I went to the doctor, she took my blood pressure and the numbers were frightening. It was 180/110 which is stroke level or heart attack level. I was so depressed over it. I record Dr. Oz and that night, I saw the segment with Dr. Fuhrman. It's funny because I thought I would just stick to it for 6 weeks and try to lose the 20 lbs he guarantees you wil lose it you do his program. Anyway, I didn't feel I had a choice given the doctor's grim prognosis. I am not going to lie, it was not easy, the first 20 days being the most difficult but it became easier and when I went back to see the doctor after 1 month, I had lost 25 lbs so it does work. Now, I have been doing it for 4 months and I no longer have the headaches and my eczema is also gone, which I had for the past 25 years and had been taken medications for it. I recommend seeing a documentary called "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" because the 2 guys follow Dr. Fuhrman's plan and they lose all their weight, turn their lives around and gain optimal health. There is another really good documentary called "Processed People" and Dr. Fuhrman is in it too. I hope to reach my goal by December (I still have 25-30 lbs) to go and I think I am going to just do the animal products/wheat/dairy every so often. It really gives your body a chance to reclaim good health. Oh, the best part is that I am also now able to work out 4-5 days a week and my blood pressure is now 109/74 which is normal and very good. Please give it just a 20 day chance and then you can see it for yourself! You can do it!!

Hi. Just wondering, did you manage to reach your goal?