If you didn't have work...

Options
13»

Replies

• determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming that I've won the lottery if I don't have to work anymore....

I would let my body wake up naturally everyday, instead of being awoken by an alarm. I would get up, have a healthy breakfast, read the newspaper, workout, shower, tend to my garden, my pets, craft, get a hobby...my house would be clean...I would sing, I would swim, I would see my family and friends more often.

Pure. Bliss.
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Provided money wasn't an issue, I would spend it with my husband and my child traveling the world (I'd home-school her so she could go with me). And I would try to contribute in some way to the communities I visited if possible.
  • 240to140
    Options
    I'd crochet and read with My BF next to Me playing His XBox. It would be a fantastic life.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I would expand my photography business to include world travel to each continent and smaller places like Easter Island and such. I'd still want to work at something as I love to work, love to be busy and continue learning in the technology field of some sort.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'd play music, surf, travel, and do my photography. I would hang out with people that do similar things.
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Mine are actual goals...hoping my husband and I can get to the point where I can quit my current job. If (when) I didn't have to work, I'd spend more time gardening, working out, training and playing with our lovable but unruly dogs, reading, cooking, and keeping my house the sparkling clean I want it to be. I'd spend more time making jewelry and possibly get a small side business going to fund the hobby. I'd visit my parents more and plan more fun activities with my husband...including getting started on the whole kid thing. :wink:
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Lil hut on the beach, feet in the sand, drink in the hand watching the sun go down. To keep me busy I would work the bar on the beach just a miles walk down the sand from my hut. When those people bug me I'll land my plane on the lake that my cabin sits on in the woods that I just built myself, and take the boat out for some fishing.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I'd race and coach triathlon full time.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm also assuming lottery win or the like here - unlimited funds. I'd adopt a couple of dogs (we don't currently have any due to time away from the house), buy an RV and take a nice long road trip to Alaska with Hubs. Not sure what after... I'd want to do something with my time so maybe do some volunteering, crafts, etc.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I would learn how to build stuff out of Bamboo and other wood.
    Bamboo surfboard for starters.
    Then a real wood Kayak and one of those really cool real wood power boats.

I would also pick up rebuilding classic hot rods.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I would be a professional student! Take only the classes that I really liked, and spend most of the rest of the day in the gym. On the weekends, I would volunteer at an animal shelter, and of course in this life, I would have enough money to get a maid just because I hate cleaning. Speaking of, that's what I'm supposed to be doing now... Yay.