Soda Stream Soda Maker Question

Options
Any one have one? Thoughts? Opinions?

I drink a LOT of seltzer water and I'm thinking it would be way more economical for me to make the stuff rather then buy it every week. I probably drink about one to two liters of the stuff a day.

Also do I have to get the crappy "flavor" mix to make soda since I know I'll never use it?

Replies

• RonitMig
    RonitMig Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have it and LOVE it! I also was buying a lot of seltzer every week but now I don't have to worry about the recycling piling up quickly and I can make it whenever I run out. I recommend getting a few extra bottles so you can have more ready (although it takes like 3 seconds to make a bottle). The crappy flavors come with the soda stream in sample sizes- which the kids love, but I always have plain seltzer for me now.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I have it and LOVE it! I also was buying a lot of seltzer every week but now I don't have to worry about the recycling piling up quickly and I can make it whenever I run out. I recommend getting a few extra bottles so you can have more ready (although it takes like 3 seconds to make a bottle). The crappy flavors come with the soda stream in sample sizes- which the kids love, but I always have plain seltzer for me now.

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback!
  • maricash
    maricash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I've had it for 6 years now and I still use it all the time. It is nice to have two carbonators around, especially if you are a seltzer addict like me, but, there are so many places to swap out the carbonators now that getting it with just one would work too.
  • AmyMalley77
    AmyMalley77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I've had it for 6 years now and I still use it all the time. It is nice to have two carbonators around, especially if you are a seltzer addict like me, but, there are so many places to swap out the carbonators now that getting it with just one would work too.

We've had one for about four or five years now. We like it very much. Now it's even more convenient since there are more places that swap out the carbonators. We always keep a refill on hand.

The soda mixes taste very good and very similar to the real thing.

It's more than paid for itself in our house.