dissapointed

Options
i thought that i had a great week until i weighed in this morning to find my weight had stayed the same as last week.i walked about 20 miles over 5 days and ate my allowed calories and most of my exercise calories.could someone tell me if this is right my daily calorie intake is 1850 i am 45 male and weigh 187 pounds .

thanks

Replies

• Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    i cant comment on your calories but i know the feeling!

the general consensus will be to be patient :)

:smile:
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    What I can tell you is that my weight does that and I think that most peoples does, its goes stagnant, this morning I recorded my first loss in three weeks. It was a small one. I eat 1500 and I eat my gym calories back. :)
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Morning, do you measure yourself? I know that sometimes when I don't lose weight in 2 weeks, I lost in inches, nothing major but enough to notice in my clothes. Also, with your toning it builds up your muscles mass so it may not show in weight..
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Most likely either water weight, overestimating calories burned, or underestimating calories consumed. Plus, it's only one week. Keep at it.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    consenus it is be patient I go thru times I lose no weight despite averaging 25 miles a week running and clean eating then I will be ready to tear my hair out after 4 or 5 weeks and will drop 3 to 5 pounds in the next week this is one of the next weeks am down almost 5 pounds was 200.2 this morning have waited almost 40 years to get back under 200 and I am sure I will plateau here for a month and make me insane again but I will be patient and will hit the ones sooner than later
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Could be water retention.......don't give up......losing nothing is better than gaining!!!!
  • wanda9501
    wanda9501 Posts: 114
    Options
    Morning, do you measure yourself? I know that sometimes when I don't lose weight in 2 weeks, I lost in inches, nothing major but enough to notice in my clothes. Also, with your toning it builds up your muscles mass so it may not show in weight..

I agree yowza101, when I got on the scale this morning, I just knew I had lost a few pounds. But, I hadn't but,! I wasn't upset about it because I had tried on a pair of jeans and I could zip them up (still can't wear out of the house). So, try on something that had gotten to small and see how it fits.

Remember you didn't lose but you didn't gain!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Definitely, drink more water!! I was plateauing until I started drinking water and then the scale started moving again...Good luck!
  • mcpjan
    mcpjan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    As everyone has said just be patient. As long as you know you are doing what you need to do, your body is changing. It could be in inches or pounds but changes are being made. As long as you are not gaining all is good.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You should not feel disappointed. You are sticking to your calories and working out. Def something to be proud of. I am not sure how much weight you need to lose but it if isn't a lot I know that it can be normal to not lose every week. Thin positive; you didn't gain and THAT is great.

PS Your dog is cute!
  • jennibee70
    jennibee70 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    It is disheartening, isn't it, but as you can see, it happens to us all. Some weeks are the exact opposite, you think you've blown it big time and then you have a loss. Don't dwell on it, start a new week afresh, and as Wanda says, at least you didn't gain!
  • LCSoulkat
    LCSoulkat Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Same disappointment for me this morning. Had lost total of 8 lbs first 2 weeks and this morning, I felt better cuz I noticed my pants much looser on me but as I stepped on the scale...there was no change at all on my weight...grrrrrrrr.......HOWEVER...I won't sulk and keep going at it....

My thought going into this was...I will stay way under my allowed calorie daily intake....but noticed that every time I hit the end of day button....the reply i get is..You have consumed too low calories...your body will enter starvation mode...etc...etc....

The confusing part is I read some posts where people say..You gotta be close to your allowed calorie intake to keep your metabolism up...gotta change my frame of mind on this cuz that worries me that if I stay close to my calorie intake...I wouldn't lose any weight...so..will try to eat more and see what happens...

If anyone have more input on this...feel free....
  • quiltingducky
    quiltingducky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just came off of a few weeks like that and I just started at the very end of August with 2 weeks of nice losses and then stagnant for the next 2 weeks, even though I stayed on track with my eating and exercised a little and tried to drink my water.

By the next weekly weigh-in for me (the 5th week), I had a woosh! week and lost 3.2 pounds! Yes, I would say be patient. As long as you are not eating too far below your calories and are recording everything and keeping within 100-200 calories above your daily limit, the weight should eventually show up as a loss on your scale.

Everyone is different. Some lose consistently every week. I only "lose" 2 weeks out of the month due to hormonal issues and water retention. It could just be your body resisting a little to let go of some of the weight. Good luck and stick with it!
  • craigeff
    Options
    :smile: cool,thanks everyone for the advice.
  • craigeff
    Options
    what is meant by water retention ,i drink plenty of water during the day?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Distracted by dog.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    what is meant by water retention ,i drink plenty of water during the day?

If your sodium (and even your carbs/sugar) are too high, you will bloat.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You probably aren't going to lose every week, even if you do everything perfectly.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Water retention is a possibility, but drinking more water isn't going to make a difference unless you are dehydrated. The electrolytes (sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium) impact water retention, sodium and potassium more than any other. If you are deficient in one or more of those nutrients it will throw your water out of balance which will keep the scale from recording accurately. I track both sodium and potassium in my diary.

Go to the reports feature and check to see if you are deficient in one of your electrolytes.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Bodies can do weird things. I remember from former diets that there were weeks when my routine was absolutely perfect and I showed a slight gain. The following week when I was discouraged and ate everything in sight; the scale went down. It takes awhile for the body to catch up to your efforts, I think. Just keep at it; the results will come.

I only weigh once per month these days.