Stupid Boyfriend Weight LOL

Options
Hello everyone!

About a year ago I went on a super vegan diet for about 8 months. Lost 60 pounds. Didnt feel like I looked different, but hey, a pound lost is still like moving a mountain. Then I met my boyfriend, we moved in together in December of 2011. Almost a year later now, I am about what I weighed before I started the super vegan diet. BOOOO!! Back to square one. But, I have already started making small changes before committing to coming here and getting additional support. I absoulutely love the calorie counter. I have wanted to do that, but never have the attention span to write everything down. This way, it does all the work for me. Makes it so much easier.

So far the past two days I have come under my calorie limit for the day. Need to incorporate more water into my life and kick this caffiene addiction. Then next will be the smoking addiction. You really dont know what vices you have in your life until you try and work at getting healthy and it hits you like a ton of bricks "HOW COULD I KEEP LIVING THIS WAY!!!". Any small change is great positive change towards being a healthier person. It all has to start somewhere.

Heres to kicken butt and taken names everyone!!!! ^ ^

Replies

• Pinkgirl319
    Pinkgirl319 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The dreaded boyfriend weight!! I've been there. My current relationship hasn't been as bad but I'm not as thin as I should be either. MFP definitely makes you aware of what you are putting in your body. Good luck!! Feel free to add me for support!
  • missgrid
    missgrid Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try the dreaded Husband weight! Yikes!! I hear you ladies!! Originally I resented him for being so superficial but I get it, men are visual creatures and every man on the planet wants a beautifully thin mostly healthy lady at his side. So being on MFP has been a rude awakening for me in learning that I have been fibbing to myself about all that I eat and this site has given me the tools to understand what it takes for me to loose and what it is to maintain without too much hassel! I am grateful and in for the long hall!!!
  • MaleyaB
    MaleyaB Posts: 25
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have been together for 4.5 years and I gained so much weight after the first year (but then again, so has he!) So I feel where you are coming from. Try to get your boyfriend to do it with you so you have a partner. Good luck! And feel free to add me. :)
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    At my peak, I weighed more than my wife and I did combined when we met.
    It goes both ways. I used to joke "16 years and I still haven't lost the weight from the kids.":bigsmile:
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    How is super vegan different than normal vegan?
    Serious question
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

About a year ago I went on a super vegan diet for about 8 months. Lost 60 pounds. Didnt feel like I looked different, but hey, a pound lost is still like moving a mountain. Then I met my boyfriend, we moved in together in December of 2011. Almost a year later now, I am about what I weighed before I started the super vegan diet. BOOOO!! Back to square one. But, I have already started making small changes before committing to coming here and getting additional support. I absoulutely love the calorie counter. I have wanted to do that, but never have the attention span to write everything down. This way, it does all the work for me. Makes it so much easier.

So far the past two days I have come under my calorie limit for the day. Need to incorporate more water into my life and kick this caffiene addiction. Then next will be the smoking addiction. You really dont know what vices you have in your life until you try and work at getting healthy and it hits you like a ton of bricks "HOW COULD I KEEP LIVING THIS WAY!!!". Any small change is great positive change towards being a healthier person. It all has to start somewhere.

Heres to kicken butt and taken names everyone!!!! ^ ^

caffeine in moderate amounts at 200mg a day is beneficial for you. I hope you are not taking crazy amounts
  • whwalker123
    Options
    OH my god. I've gained 27 lbs since I started dating my boyfriend back in January of 2011. All we have been doing is drinking and eating but I've finally had enough and he's actually trying to lose with me now. Gotta love him for that :)
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I've been there! that's why i'm here. I gained around 65 lbs since i've been with my bf. We've been together for 7 1/2 years. We call it happy fat because of how we both gained weight. But i'm doing something about losing mine. He's still off and on about it but he supports me and walks with me when he's home. :)
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    How is super vegan different than normal vegan?
    Serious question

Wondering this also