NSV -- A friend notices...

Options
AmberJo1984
AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
My mom was holding a Pampered Chef party last night. When the saleslady (who we're friends with) got to the house, I headed outside to help her bring everything in. [FYI -- She hasn't seen me in a few months]

She was talking to my mom; but, as I stepped around the corner of the doorway, she stopped, her mouth flew open, and she yelled out... "OH MY GOD! You look AMAZING!"

I just kinda stood still for a moment.... thinking... "Is she talking to me? Do I need to buy her some new glasses?" Finally, I actually spoke up... "I've only lost 11 pounds. You can't tell a difference yet."

Her reply... "Yes you can! You're losing inches. Your face is so much thinner."

Ok... so yeah... that made me feel good. :laugh: I just wished it would start coming off everywhere else.

Replies

• lepow
    lepow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, sometimes. I have a friend I went out with a few weeks ago that was going on and on and on about how much I lost, and when I told her the actual amount, she was SO SHOCKED that it wasn't more. It's still nice to hear, though :). Congrats on your journey; 11 lbs is nothing to scoff at, for sure. It's hard work and it's totally worth it.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Carry around a 10 lb bag of potatoes and THEN say 11 lbs is nothing. It's an accomplishment and one you should be proud of...and having people notice is an amazing feeling. Get used to it because you're going to get more and more as you keep losing :smile:
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Carry around a 10 lb bag of potatoes and THEN say 11 lbs is nothing. It's an accomplishment and one you should be proud of...and having people notice is an amazing feeling. Get used to it because you're going to get more and more as you keep losing :smile:

You're right. It's just always been hard for me to take compliments... but, I do like them, I guess. You know how people say that "once you're big, you always see yourself as big"? I feel like that will be a problem for me. I'm still going to work hard, though.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options

You're right. It's just always been hard for me to take compliments... but, I do like them, I guess. You know how people say that "once you're big, you always see yourself as big"? I feel like that will be a problem for me. I'm still going to work hard, though.

That's exactly right (I find). I still see the 'fat girl' and it's not until I do comparison pics that I see a difference, but we are women and will see flaws because we are not meant to be perfect. The trick is learning to accept the compliments and say just say thank you...train yourself not to 'argue' with it and you will start to believe what people say. I'm still working on being able to see me as I am now, but I'm so much better with the compliments. It takes time and a lot of work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!