20lbs by Christmas! Help!

Options
I'm new here... Really want to loose 20lbs by Christmas!

Can't bare the thought of another load of awful Christmas new year pics

Any ideas tips anything :) thanks xxx

Replies

• Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Fastest, most obvious body change will come through a good strength training routine combined with a moderate caloric deficit. So basically, eat less and lift weights more and you'll be happier with your xmas pics.
  • SammiAngel
    Options
    I'm planning on losing around 10# by November 21st so our goals are similar. I plan on working out every day. Working different areas on different days. I'm working out my "problem" areas on multiple days.
  • vickid36
    Options
    Hi I am new too. Would like to take off some weight before christmas to
  • FutureMrsHultz
    FutureMrsHultz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Would you be interested in starting a 60 day Challenge group? I am hosting and participating in one beginning november 1st. If you are interested let me know and I can send you all of the info!
  • designnewme
    Options
    I would be interested in joining. Feel free to add me as a friend and send me the info. Thanks.
  • designnewme
    Options
    Would you be interested in starting a 60 day Challenge group? I am hosting and participating in one beginning november 1st. If you are interested let me know and I can send you all of the info!

I would be interested in joining. Feel free to add me as a friend and send me the info. Thanks.
  • amandajayne11
    amandajayne11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree with the strength training - it's really working for me. I also do short bouts of interval training too (google HIIT for example workouts. Quality food helps too. Sites such of this one: http://thesmarterscienceofslim.com/ will help explain. I've just read the book and it summarises a lot of research explaining how weight loss is more than just calories in / calories out and how hormones play a role in weight gain. Good luck :smile:
  • katipowers
    katipowers Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I would be interested!
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Welcome and .... you can do it, we can do it! Boy, that would be awesome for me too, as I'd be at my goal and after being on mfp over a year, it's time!! Exercise and calorie deficit, plenty of water... log every day - take measurements once a month to track your progress, as results don't always show on the scale but it's a huge motivator!

Okay, so now to heed my own advise... let's do this!! Best of luck to you in your new lifestyle journey! :smile:
  • porterj3
    Options
    Hi Trina...I guess I am kind of new as well. Apparently I already had an account set up and forgot about it. Some things I know of that may help is this: Stay on the outside of the aisles at the grocery store bc this is where mostly fresh stuff is so pretty much staty away from boxes. Also if you like me and have chocolate fits by one bag of small dove dark chocolate squares adn I always put 2 in my lunch bag in case I need it. If not I have them for the next day that way I dont over indulge at the vending machine. Also I dont keep snacks in the house and I dare not use gas to go run and get it so if you dont have it...you dont eat it. May I ask why your name has PCOS behind it...Im wondering if we share something?
  • vlrivera80
    Options
    Yes, Please include me. :happy:
  • whitneysoorus
    Options
    Hey! I'm trying this diet (I'm in the same shoes as you to lose weight before Xmas)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061127191507AA9qTaI

and it's healthy and it doesn't require outrageous restrictions on what you eat. I've been on it for 4 days and dropped my water weight plus 2 lbs. :) Hope this helps!!!
  • TrinaPCOS
    TrinaPCOS Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey porterj3 it has pcos afte it because I have polycystic ovaries do you?

Get Whitney gonna have a look at that diet now x
  • empc
    empc Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Please include me in the 60 day challenge. Thanks!
  • gazrec
    gazrec Posts: 38 Member
    Options
  • gazrec
    Options
    count me in send me the info and add me plz
  • TrinaPCOS
    TrinaPCOS Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Include me in the 60day challenge please :) L
  • whitneysoorus
    Options
    I'd like to try this 60 day challenge too!
  • Nimiko
    Nimiko Posts: 52
    Options
    I'd love to do the 60 day Challenge too! Also trying to drop 20 pounds by January 1st. I have PCOS so losing weight is ALWAYS a challenge!
  • gazrec
    Options
    hi ave you got the info, thanks