SO and I trying to lose weight, can't stay motivated...

Options
We've been trying all kinds of things to lose weight, but cannot get on a steady exercise regiment and because of his work schedule it is very difficult to establish a routine. What do you do to establish a routine? How can I make this competitive between us so that we will keep each other motivated? I even have sticker charts for exercise so we can see who's ahead and whoever has the most stars gets to choose our activities the next time we have free time. Only problem is we usually want to do the same thing so it doesn't make much of a difference. Maybe whoever has the least stars has to do their least favorite chore? We've also both been on myfitnesspal a while, and my participation has been spotty, but I keep coming back to it. He hasn't logged on in two weeks. I am very concerned that if we can't help each other to become and stay healthy that this relationship may not be the best thing for us right now...

Help!

Replies

• nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I just do my own thing and he does his. He eats the healthy stuff I make, and is happy that we don't have a bunch of junk in the house.

My results and transformation inspire him to get his butt to the gym and think twice about hitting the drive thu....:)
  • TjDee
    TjDee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you need to lose? Are you doing real exercise where you are breaking a sweat for at least 30 min a day or is your exercise chores? It sounds like you are more vested in this then he is. You can't make someone be ready to change their lifestyle. Just work on yoursself. He will come around when he is ready. Usually people see your results and it motivates them to want the same. Just do your thing, I have a group and we all motivate eachother. Just surround yourself with like minded people and that will be your motivation.