Two Minute Pumpkin Pie

Options
mconway79
mconway79 Posts: 49 Member
With Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend I thought I'd give this crustless two minute pumpkin pie a try

http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/healthy-recipes/10-mouthwatering-low-calorie-desserts?page=2

I was wondering if anyone has tried it and how much sweetener or sugar you used? I love pumpkin pie but could acutally do with out the crust so I am hoping for some help on this.

Replies

• WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'll make this for the family. Thanks for the recipe.

I would assume they mean stevia, or w.e. I'm going to use agave nectar.

Single serving probably needs one packet of artificial sweetener or a tbsp(try two tsp if you like) of agave/maple syrup.
  • mconway79
    Options
    I'll make this for the family. Thanks for the recipe.

I a tbsp(try two tsp if you like) of agave/maple syrup.

Np prob for recipe. I figure this way I am still enjoying a favorite but with out the extra fat and calories from the egg yoke and then pie crust. I never thought of using maple syrup. I try to stay clear of sweeteners as much as possible. Thanks so much. I think I will try it tomorrow before the weekend to see if I need to make adjustments.
  • mconway79
    Options
    So I tried it once last night with 1 tbsp packed brown sugar and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice. I didnt like the texture and it was a little bland. Today I made (its cooling now) with 1.5 tbsp packed brown sugar, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1 tbsp 1% milk and I blended and it in my chopper. First with out the egg whites for a while and then I added the egg whites and blended till it was well mixed. I will let you know how the second round turned out.
  • mconway79
    Options
    This turned out MUCH better. It has a consistancy of a regular pumpkin pie and with some light nutra whip its GREAT!!!!
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Ooh... this sounds really good! Thanks!
  • coolvstar650
    coolvstar650 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I will be making this immediately!
  • thergj
    thergj Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the recipe and the updates. I'll be testing this out before the holidays
  • ddipasqu
    Options
    Hi I am new to the site. I can see all of your replies, but where do I find the recipe for the 2 Minute Pumpkin Pie? Thanks!! :smile:
  • ddipasqu
    Options
    oops...duh I think I answered my own question. There was a link on your post. Thank you!!
  • thergj
    thergj Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    BTW, here is the original recipe from the SHAPE website:

2. 2-Minute Pumpkin Pie
    If you need a little something to satisfy your sweet tooth, whip up this 75-calorie pumpkin pie for one. This simple recipe, pared down to the most basic and common ingredients, only takes 2 minutes to make, but the end result tastes as delicious as traditional, calorie-packed pie.
    Ingredients:
    1/2 c. pumpkin puree
    1/4 c. egg whites (from an egg or carton)
    Sweetener
    Cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice

Directions:

Mix together all the ingredients. If you prefer a flan-like texture, add more pumpkin; if you prefer a cake-like texture, add more egg whites. Microwave for two minutes. Use a mix of Greek yogurt, hazelnut cream cheese, and pumpkin pie spice for the icing. Top with toasted pecans.

Makes one serving.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    This turned out MUCH better. It has a consistancy of a regular pumpkin pie and with some light nutra whip its GREAT!!!!

Awesome! Thanks for posting the results. Now I know for sure to use it. How much sweetener did you use btw?

Thanks