Any women using protein shakes?

Options

Replies

• Sarahkov12
    Sarahkov12 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I usually have one a day after my workout or for meal replacement. I like to do 1 cup of almond milk, 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder, and a cup of blueberries. Sometimes if I really want a treat I'll do 1/2 cup blueberries and a banana. They are fantastic!
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I do.
  • wolfwalker67
    Options
    I drink one for breakfast 5 days a week (don't get up early enough on the weekends for breakfast). I use the AdvantEdge Carb Control. It has 17g of protein and comes in chocolate. Gives me my chocolate fix and is good for me too!
  • hilary1970
    Options
    I take Allmax Isoflex Whey Protein Isolate mixed with a cup of organic almond milk immediately after working out daily.
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, Sarahkov12, but sometimes I use frozen fuit to make it more like a frozen shake. Oh and I add a tbsp coconut oil if I'm replacing a meal.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I have one right after my work out. I'm always hungry and too tired to cook, so it's a great filler until the next meal.

SERIOUSLY?! Youve GOT to be kidding...
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I would call mine a "shake", but I do add a tablespoon or two of protein powder to a glass of 1% milk and drink it after any workout where I lift.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    I have one for breakfast every morning. It is comprised of over 70 different fruits and veggies - comes in Whey or Rice protein (non-vegan and vegan respectively). Delish! I drink it daily because it gives me energy and keeps me healthy.

When deciding what protein shake mix to use, you have to first ask yourself "how serious am I about wanting to add a protein shake" and "what do I expect it to help me with ".

Me, I'm serious about being healthy and want it to help me stay fit.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I use Muscle Milk every morning after my Insanity workout and especially if I'm doing strength training!
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I just started using them about a month ago.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i used to have one after my weight lifting sessions but i havent really been lifting since april.
    now i have one every so often to get a bump up in my calories when i dont feel i can eat any more. mix it with whole milk and some flavored fiber and it tastes like a milkshake.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I drink protein shakes to get my protein in easier since I don't eat a lot of meat.
    You do not HAVE to drink them. If you can get your protein from real filling foods then I wouldn't bother
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I have the GNC brand chocolate protein shake after I return from the gym. The vanilla is too sweet and leaves a funny aftertaste. Will be trying the strawberry today.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I down a shake post workout on nights that I lift. I actually look forward to them. Almost like a dessert.
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have some favorites. I drink them after my workouts, and sometimes I drink them as a dessert, when I want something sweet. Sometimes I blend some goji berries in them.
    Mostly I eat very clean, and protein shakes are the exception in my diet.
    Regarding the taste Biotech lemon yoghurt and burbon vanilla are my favorite. They are super even with water but with almond or coconut milk and some ice cubes they are fenomenal.:P
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I look forward to my shake before or after a workout. I don't buy the premade ones though if that's what you're referring to. I buy a good protein powder and make my own. My favorite is the vanilla protein powder, a banana, a plain Greek yogurt, 2 tbs peanut butter, a cup of ice and a cup of water in the blender...yumm!! ...and LOADED with protein!
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I do! I love the one that I make. It includes vanilla whey protein, 1 banana, coaco powder, ice and water. So yummy!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    My fave is the EAS AdvandEdge protein shakes. They aren't as sweet as some of them are, and they have a thinner, less milky consistency that I really like. The chocolate fudge flavor is like drinking a YooHoo. I mix the strawberry flavor with 1 cup of frozen strawberries in my Ninja blender and it tastes like frozen yogurt. LOVE it.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    The EAS also come in French Vanilla flavor, which is good by itself, or really good blended with a frozen banana, or peaches. My hubby loves the banana smoothies.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    They are AWESOME and they COST too much! I drink Pure Protein shakes. they have calcium, potassium, and other stuff thats good for you....$33 for case of 12