Good for a little laugh : )

Options
Tonight I was in the process of picking and choosing various Snapple 'Real Facts' for my daughter to incorporate into her 3rd grade family project. Her project is to create and make a board game with pieces, objective, start & finish, and rules. She gets extra credit if it includes information for the children to learn. Well, I came up with the idea of using the fun 'Real Facts' that are found under the lids of Snapple bottles!! So, anyway, I came across these 'Real Facts' that I thought my fellow MFPs may appreciate and enjoy...

#20~Broccoli is the only vegetable that is also a flower. (Instead of roses, give broccoli :flowerforyou: )

#98~When the moon is directly over you, you weigh less.
(For those of you that are questioning when the best time to weigh yourself is...There you go!!)

#99~You burn 20 calories an hour chewing gum.

#101~About half of all Americans are on a diet at any given time. (Just more proof that we are not alone on this journey.)

#102~A one-minute kiss burns 26 calories. :smooched:

#103~Frowning burns more calories then smiling.
(I like to think of frowning as harder work then smiling, so let's not make a habit of it. :frown: Keep smiling!! :happy: )

#104~There are more then 30,000 diets on public record. (How did our ancestors ever survive?!)

#105~You will burn seven percent more calories walking on hard dirt then pavement.
(I'm assuming walking on sand at a nice warm beach would also be more beneficial than pavement...)

#106~You weigh less at the top of a mountain then sea level.
(So in other words, you'd be better off weighing yourself while on vacation at Mount McKinley then while traveling through Death Valley...)

#107~You burn more calories sleeping then watching TV. (Incentive for going to bed instead of staying up to watch Coco!)

#108~Licking a stamp burns 10 calories.
(Where do I sign up to be an official stamp lickerer?! jk That could add up to a lot of calories in an hour though! )

#109~Smelling apples and/or bananas can help you lose weight. (Bring on Granny Smith & Ms.Chiquita!)

#167~You have to play ping-pong for 12 hours to lose one pound. (12 hrs...doesn't sound like much fun to me. No thanks!)

#270~Colors like red, yellow and orange make you hungry. ( <
Avoid these colors at all costs!!! LOL)

~ I found all of these Snapple Real Facts at: www.snapple.com/real-facts ~

I couldn't help but chuckle a bit when I read each one! Hope they put a smile on your face as well :bigsmile:

Replies

• Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    depends on the competitiveness of the ping pong game :)
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    Options
    Haha that's awesome!! :laugh: Thanks for sharing! You know, I've always loved flowers, maybe that's why I love broccoli...:tongue:

Haha, I love the kissing statistic, does that mean Valentine's day kisses cancel out the chocolate? :wink:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    #107~You burn more calories sleeping then watching TV. (Incentive for going to bed instead of staying up to watch Coco!)

(Where do I sign up to be an official stamp lickerer?! jk That could add up to a lot of calories in an hour though! )

For #107, it's because I eat WHILE watching TV. Haven't learned how to do it while sleeping yet.

For #108, this has solved the mystery for me as to why we are becoming overweight. Because now they are self-sticking.
  • bby_baer
    Options

For #107, it's because I eat WHILE watching TV. Haven't learned how to do it while sleeping yet.

For #108, this has solved the mystery for me as to why we are becoming overweight. Because now they are self-sticking.

You are SO right on both statements! LOL Too funny! and let's hope none of us learn how to master the task of E.W.S. Eating While Sleeping!
  • bby_baer
    Options
    Haha, I love the kissing statistic, does that mean Valentine's day kisses cancel out the chocolate? :wink:
    [/quote]

Uh ha! There's a positive perspective on the whole V-Day scandal...Have a few kisses with your Kisses (Hershey's) and be guilt free!!
    LUV IT!!
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    #102~A one-minute kiss burns 26 calories.
    #167~You have to play ping-pong for 12 hours to lose one pound.
    So, in comparison, it would only take about 2.5 hours of kissing to lose a pound. Sounds way more enjoyable than 12 hrs of ping-pong.
  • bby_baer
    Options
    So, in comparison, it would only take about 2.5 hours of kissing to lose a pound. Sounds way more enjoyable than 12 hrs of ping-pong.

Agreed!
  • JaneAusten
    JaneAusten Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What about cauliflower?
  • djfshop
    djfshop Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm going to run out and get me some apple scented air freshner. I don't think the make banana.
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    #96. The average American will eat 35,000 cookies in his/her lifetime.

I can now be labeled "Above Average" yyyeeessss.! (Thank you Girl Scouts!)
  • Dee678
    Dee678 Posts: 53
    Options

Agreed!
    Not to mention, I just got an email from fitness magazine on how to include toning muscle as well as cardio benefits of certain positions . . . It was fun to read . . . haven't really put it into play . . . lol
    Makes nookie even more fun and making out for an hour before hand . . . might make you feel younger! teehee ;)