Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
2»

Replies

• cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    on the flip side I started drinking 1TBSP of this 2 times a day in a large glass of water with a bit of organic homey.

Homey don't play dat

LMAO. i was just going to mention...where can you find some organic homeys :D
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    No I don't do that! That's disgusting!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I put this on my spinach or in my salad dressing. otherwise... gross
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Wow. I guess it was on dr OZ or something?
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I use it to make hot sauce, pickled onions or cole slaw.

Consuming it everyday for "health benefits" seems a little crazy.
  • tinkteri
    Options
    Hmm...Maybe if I mixed Organic Homeys in I may lose weight even faster :-),,,ya'all know I ment honey
  • mearlie
    mearlie Posts: 224
    Options
    Unless you want horrible acid reflux I'd quit that. You don't need help. Eat right, move. That's all that's required.

This is soooo hard for newbies to internalize. We really want a quick fix, dontchaknow?

I, too, have fallen for the "cider with the mother in it" myth. I can't do it, way too acidic for me.
  • penith113
    penith113 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I drink a tablespoon of ACV twice a day and gargle with it when I have a sore throat (sinus infections). I swear by it, it reduces the pain almost instantly. Other than that, I have no proof of any other health benefits.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I, too, have fallen for the "cider with the mother in it" myth.

I drink your mother every morning, Trebek. Oh it's not a myth.
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My grandmother swears by this, not for weight loss but for general health. She's 92 and still kicking... For what it's worth.

My grandpa is no longer kicking, but he swore by it too - every day with out fail, and the man smoked a pipe like CRAZY and drank scotch like a fish for 80+ years he said it kept him healthy :)
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I've used it on salads and sometimes cooking (when a recipie calls for lemon juice and I don't have it).
    This is probably going to sound weird, but I had eczema on my elbows, and applied straight to it with the apple cider vinegar (as per the recommendation of some natural health site), it's been months and the eczema has never come back/flaired up again, LOL.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with my green tea and drink about 20 cups a day, I've been doing this for 6 months. Unfortunately the only side effects I've had is liquid leaking out of my body because I died about ten days ago.

I busted out laughing when I read this.
  • bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My grandparents also drank this, and we did as kids. We had it hot or cold with honey and it's lovely. For us, it stopped us ever getting colds and it did work :) We didn't need to lose weight as children so can't comment on that. But I'd happily start drinking it (as above, with honey) again.
    Oh and Grandma lived to 92 and Grandad 96 :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    My grandparents also drank this, and we did as kids. We had it hot or cold with honey and it's lovely. For us, it stopped us ever getting colds and it did work :) We didn't need to lose weight as children so can't comment on that. But I'd happily start drinking it (as above, with honey) again.
    Oh and Grandma lived to 92 and Grandad 96 :)

Lucky, that sounds really nice. My grandparents made us drink antifreeze. Never got a cold once though
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It's geat to cook with and I use it quite a lot as it's made locally. The wine supply would have have really seriously run out for me to want to drink it though...
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I recently started taking it not just for the weight loss benefits but because I saw some list of the benefits on a Facebook page and happened to come across a bottle at Whole Foods. I wasn't about to take shots of it and a couple Tbs before every meal seemed excessive but a couple sites I came across said 2 tsp in 16 oz of water and sip it throughout the day. I've been doing it for two weeks. I add a tsp of honey and now I'm actually used to the taste, it's not too bad. I usually finish it before lunch. I have lost a couple of pounds but my diet has also been more on point. The most obvious effect I have noticed is that the eczema on my hands has cleared up. I get flares on a couple of fingers and the thenar pad of my right hand because I am a massage therapist and am constantly washing my hands. It was really itchy and flaky and I had a couple of cracks and now they are gone. So for what it's worth, there may be some truth to it but I definitely don't think anything is a miracle cure especially for weight loss. I have noticed that I am not hungry as much between meals though. I have PCOS and am insulin resistant so it could be the balancing of the blood sugar. It is interesting and there are no ill effects for me so I figured if I don't have unrealistic expectations and it's not a bother to take it, then I might as well.
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    This reminds me of Dr.Oz....I used to love that man....but lately his *Do this and you'll lose weight*, and *Raspberry Ketones* are the way to go...it is a FOR SURE thing. He upsets me...is it all about publicity? Money?

I'm going to stick with what the nutrition books tell me from college.....exercise and watching what you eat (calorie intake) and portion control.