What's your go-to breakfast?

Options
I'm looking for ideas for whole food breakfasts that are easy on the calories but keep you full all morning long. PLUS they need to be easy to take to work! When I say "whole food" I mean not processed food. No poptarts, frozen sausage sandwiches, etc.

Thanks for sharing!

Replies

• Flan656
    Flan656 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym most mornings before work, so every night before I go to bed I fill a little tupaware tub with:

150g - ish of 0%fage Greek yoghurt (around 100 cals, and the protein in it keeps you really full!)
    A couple of chopped strawberries/blueberries
    6 walnut halves
    2table spoons of oats

Then I mix it all up, the oats swell up over night, the fruit sweetens the yoghurt and it keeps hunger locked up till lunch!
    Also, if I think it's gonna be a long stretch till lunch il put in more oats and nuts!
    Also means I can just grab it from the fridge on my way to the gym and then I have it when get into work :)
  • agidavis
    agidavis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I usually have fruit shakes,smooties put them in plastic cups and drink them on the way to work. Boiled egg will keep you full forever, and if i wake up with sweet tooth i eat apple and penaut butter.

good luck!
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Lately, a 3 egg omelet.

3 Eggs
    1 oz Colby Jack
    Ham

390 Calories
    3 Carbs
    25 Fats
    35 Proteins
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have Greek yogurt most mornings. Sometimes, if I can get up early for it, I'll have a scrambled egg and tea. This week I made banana bread with oats and walnuts that came out to about 170 calories a slice, and that's been delicious.
  • angusmike
    Options
    Carnation Sugar-free Instant 1breakfast.
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I love to eat oatmeal i wake up a little early and make some oatmeal with cinnamon and some fruit on top like raisens and nuts and if i have apples i can always put that in a tupperware and go
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    grease a tupperwear container...combine all ingredients into greased container

2 eggs

half a bell pepper

3 button mushrooms

1 stick of Freybe's orginal pepperoni stick

shredded cheese

1/2 avacado

1/4 black beans

Throw it in the microwave with a lid for 2 minutes, throw some hot sauce on top and TADAAA!!! When I eat this, I'm not even hungry when lunch rolls around. This is my every day breakfast at work...sometimes I'll put bacon instead of pepperoni, or lunch meat, mix up the veggies, maybe throw in some green onion...i also really like putting some taco spice in there.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs. They are very easy to prepare beforehand and they last for a week.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    rolled oats with cinnamon and honey
    plain greek yogurt with honey or fruit
    egg whites with spinach (you can roll this in a low carb, high fiber tortilla)
    apple with peanut butter (cut the apple, put peanut butter in container - I use almond butter)
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal, greek yogurt, black coffee.
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Egg whites (3)
    Weight Watchers Mexican Blend Cheese (1/3 cup)
    Greek Yogurt

= around 300 calories, plenty of protein and delicious!
  • eyebex
    eyebex Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fry up a bit of ham or turkey breast cold cut in just a drip of oil, paprika and spice of the day.
    Make an thin plain omelet with two eggs. Place turky or ham, add a couple of tablespoons of salsa (so good and so low in calories).
    Roll up wrap style or fold over like a pita.
    Eat or take with you in a Tupperware container. Super easy to eat anywhere with just a fork or a spoon.

Add half avocado if your calories allow.
    Replace ham/turkey with lean ground turkey sometimes.
  • Lisha_R
    Lisha_R Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I cup fat free greek yogurt
    1 cup frozen blueberries thawed
    2tbs ground flax.

283 calories, 25 carbs,5fat,28 protien.

This keeps me full until lunch. You could add some nuts too.
  • Prestissima
    Prestissima Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Couscous with raisins and coconut shavings/nuts,
    poached egg, whole wheat bread, cottage cheese, tomato;
    oatmeal with cranberries.
  • pidus121
    Options
    8:45-9:00 AM Two egg omelet made with very little oil, with Fontina cheese, onions, chilli, ginger etc. with one slice of bread (Mutligrain or Oats or High Fiber) & two tablespoons of whole milk yogurt. Meanwhile having a sliced whole apple or whole pear to crunch(or any other fruit). Avoid processed food (Fat-free, Enriched, Processed, w Sugar, Added !@##@) at any cost! With home brewed coffee with powdered milk(this is slightly harmful!) ... :)
  • bo4lax
    bo4lax Posts: 21
    Options
    3-4 eggs over medium(with Frank's Red Hot), 1/4 of an avocado, and half of a banana. Yummy. Holds me over well into lunch.
  • mrsdstarks
    Options
    1 scoop of TruVegan and 8 oz of almond breeze vanilla unsweetened and a handful of strawberries.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Egg whites with a Morningstar "sausage" patty and a ton of pico de gallo and hot sauce.

or

Ezekial cinnamon raisin bread with almond butter and flax and thinly sliced bananas drizzled with a teenie bit of honey.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    My favorites are:

Iced Protien coffee- 2 cups coffee, 1 scoop vanilla protien powder, 1 cup vanilla almond milk, ice
    I eat that with 1/2 a whole wheat bagel and 1 wedge laughing cow strawberry cream cheese

Or i love oatmeal protien pancakes: 1/2 cup egg whites, 1/4 cup rolled oats, 2 tbls vanilla protien powder,3 tbls whole wheat pancake mix. Stir well and pour into a oiled pan flip after bubbling stops cook few more mins and eat with sugar free pancake syrup
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    bumping for ideas!