What a way to start a new da...job

Options
StinkyWinkies
StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
Picked up another job. Today, on my very first day; someone stole my lunch out of my lunch bag which was in the kitchen, in the 'fridge, with my name on it. Nice, huh?

So it's spend $3/day for food or take things that don't require refrigeration...that'll be fun for a healthy food lifestyle.

Fortunately, this particular cook, today, offered us leftovers after lunch.

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    wow..im so sorry..thats screwed up...how about a little cooler or insulated lunch box with a little ice pack in it??
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    How rude! An ice pack would be a good investment so you can keep it at your desk.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    wow..im so sorry..thats screwed up...how about a little cooler or insulated lunch box with a little ice pack in it??

I was thinking the same thing. That's what I do.

Even if it is refrigerated, I usually don't have an ice pack in there unless it needs to cool down (Like, I cook something that morning). Never had an issue.
  • JWB42
    JWB42 Posts: 112
    Options
    You can always lace the lunch with something to teach the thief a lesson!
    Oh wait this is America, you'll go to jail for that.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Either an ice pack, or a lunch box that you can lock with a little padlock. Ive seen some that could be locked, though they didn't come with one.
  • Neeser926
    Neeser926 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    A few chocolate exlax brownies will reveal the thief........
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'd do the same thing tomorrow only make a sandwich and hide some ghost chili's in it. That would teach the thief a lesson.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I thought about *fixing* the next lunch :devil: ...It was in an insulated bag with ice packs, but was chicken and don't trust that it would stay cool if left in my truck even w/the blue things in there...I *do* however, have a regular cooler and I plan on using it, it will stay in my truck.

Thanks for the wonderful support! :heart:
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I thought about *fixing* the next lunch :devil: ...

^^ Please please do that !! :laugh:
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this at all.... there was a problem with this at my work too.. and I just wonder, who the f*** walks into the OFFICE fridge in the BREAKROOM (not your house)... and looks at a cup of yogurt and thinks.. I bet this doesn't belong to anyone.. I will just eat it.

I bring my lunch for a reason, I dont WANT to eat what other people bring.... this is mindboggling.. I'm sorry that happened to you.