First 5K

Options
I've started training with the C25K program on my Iphone a couple weeks ago and today decided to sign up for my first 5K in November to support the Diabetes Run for the Cure here in Phoenix AZ. I still have a few weeks left on the training and two of my PT have said they would run with me if I signed up. So here goes.

Replies

• mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    You'll rock it!

Word from the wise: RUN your first race. RACE your second (because yes, there will be a second, and a third, and a fourth . . .)
  • EmilyG34
    EmilyG34 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!! They are pretty addictive! Have fun!!
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    Good Luck! It is addictive. My goal was to run an entire 5K race, just so I could cross it off my bucket list. I have now completed 5 races since May, with another one this month. Can't get enough. Running with hundreds even thousands of people is a fun thing.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Good for you and thanks for lighting a fire under me this morning. I'm not done with the C25K program yet but feel like I could complete without being last even if I had to walk portions. Maybe I should follow through and just register for one in the next month or so before it gets too cold out and see if my C25K workouts have been paying off.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    You'll rock it!

Word from the wise: RUN your first race. RACE your second (because yes, there will be a second, and a third, and a fourth . . .)

^^ Very good advice!

Your only goal this time around is to finish with a smile on your face. Don't go out too fast - it's really easy to get caught up in the excitement and blow your brains out.

Running is addictive (in a good way)
  • ikestr
    ikestr Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support and advice. I just want to finish the first race. then we'll see about the second, third ...
  • Razack541
    Options
    C25K is great to get you running. Go for it man! You're committed now!