You Guys Are Awesome

Options
Litlbeast
Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
Okay, so...

As someone still struggling w the demons of anorexia and bulimia (from way back in high school), the past few years trying to lose weight have been really difficult. Success would often breed feelings of uber-control freakism, making me want to starve. The old feeling of enjoying hunger pangs was making me panic, because after managing that disease so long ago I didn't want it to return, not when I was finally becoming my healthiest I'd ever been since I was a kid. :)

So a friend recommended I come here, and after reading everybody's constant advice of eating enough, eat the extra calories you earn after exercising, I went from an average of 850 cal a day and almost no exercise to working out 30 - 60 minutes a day, and eating 1200 - 1400 a day, and heck yeah...

I lost three pounds this week.

Just wanted to say thanks. :D

Replies

• gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You are quite welcome... You've got this!! Because you have fought your way back form the previous issues, I doubt you will fall to the temptation.

We are all here for you and have your back!!!
  • Fnarkk
    Fnarkk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sweet isn't it? Being able to eat what you like as long as you exercise and/or play hard enough. From what you wrote, it sounds like you can keep it up both the eating well and the playing hard. :happy: Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!