Help I'm sick!

Options
I need some help. What do you do when you have a bad cold and can't taste anything? It makes me really tired and i crave sweets. Anyone have a suggestion on what to do? Help me please!

Replies

• noseovertail
    Options
    When I can't taste anything I try to take advantage of that and eat all the super healthy foods that I normally can't stand. Feel beter, I'm just getting over being sick myself.
  • jsjaclark
    Options
    Try some hot tea (green) - that will help with the cold and get something in you besides the sweets. If you really want the sweets, allow yourself some - but make sure you don't overdo and make sure you track the calories and are eating other healthy items.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Spicy foods work best for me when I am sick. I find putting hot salsa on my food works best on the taste buds if I am stuffed up.
  • Capucine7
    Options
    I like to have a popsicle. I make my own with low cal chocolate pouding mix. Make as directed on box pour in popsicle container freeze. It feels good when you have a sore throat.
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    Best thing is to keep up with your fluids and get REST. Water, Vit C, etc. For me, I find soup is the best way to keep my nourishment up and my fluid intake when I'm sick. When up to it, I make homemade chicken or veggie soup with lots of celery, carrots, chicken, etc. I also make hot-lemon water or tea. If you can't taste anything, I hear the Campbell's Healthy selects are good for you but not so tasty . . .

I hope you feel better! This time of year is NOT fun!!
  • teebear1985
    teebear1985 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and advice. It always helps!