help me pick a hrm on walmart.com

Options
I personally like this one, MIO Classic Select Heart Rate Monitor Watch with Calorie Counter. My fav part is the calories counter being that I cant be on here to track calories that often.

Here's the link: http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find&_ta=1&search_query=heart rate monitors&_tt=heart

I would like to stay under 100 dollars

Replies

• Zom_bie
    Options
    Whatever one you get, try to get one with a chest strap. I made the mistake off buying one first HRM without one. It over estimated by lot!
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    if you're willing to spend under $100, I'd highly recommend a Polar FT from Amazon. It has a chest strap and you can get one for as low as $69. My husband and I both have one and I would never have another kind. LOVE IT!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    The MIO hrm that you are looking at there DOES NOT have a chest strap. You get hear rate info by touching those 2 electrodes on the front of the watch with your first 2 fingers for a few seconds and it will them read from your fingertips a momentary heart rate. No continuous heart rate means it is not using heart rate to calculate your calorie burn. It is using all that other info (age, gender, weight and elapsed time of workout) to calculate your calorie burn which is not very accurate. You can get a Polar FT4 or maybe even an FT7 for under $100 on Amazon or heartratemonitorsusa.com and have a FAR BETTER hrm than the MIO. The only benefit to the MIO is the low cost but you will learn to dislike having to touch your fingers on it to get a momentary reading. A chest strap will keep you from having to do that.
  • MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    if you're willing to spend under $100, I'd highly recommend a Polar FT from Amazon. It has a chest strap and you can get one for as low as $69. My husband and I both have one and I would never have another kind. LOVE IT!

THIS! Definitely this!!! And if you have ebates... amazon now offers cash back on the health/fitness... so you can earn some of that right back. :)
  • flajocar
    Options
    Best buy has a nice selection online also
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Yes, stick with a Polar as mentioned above.
  • wish21
    Options
    what about the Sportline Duo 1025 Heart Rate Monitor. Its got great reviews. The MIO is no longer an the running race since I do Zumba mostly, a lot of cardio and some reviews have said it wasnt that great with cardio.
  • wish21
    Options
    so happpy!! I ordered the

Polar - FT7 Women's Heart Rate Monitor ! I ordered off of amazon and it was so much cheaper than best buy and walmart. Thanks guys!!