Need friends that have the same problems as I do ):

Options
I have a problem with control my hunger pains and controlling not going over my calorie intake for the day. IT'S SO DAMN HARD. ):

Replies

• strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    water is your best friend :) drink it when you think you may get hungry, when you actually are hungry, with meals, morning noon night lol
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    My wife made ribs for dinner and it was SO.hard to not scarf them all down. But so far I've been good. :). I hear you. Add me if you want somebody to hound you
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    here's what I try --
    drink water
    brush your teeth
    eat a carott or celery stalk
  • Mscrosado1
    Options
    same issue here, water does help sometimes but what helps me... fruits!!!
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I was bad today. :( TY for the AD!
  • gpteran
    gpteran Posts: 37
    Options
    Yup... Water is a good way to go. Sometimes we eat out of boredom. Have some water if that doesn't do you can find good healthy snack that are only 100 calories each. I've started picking up some good magazines that help you with some recipes. One great mag I would never have thought to purchase is Diabetic Living. You would think it was only for Diabetics but it's really how we should all be eating. Here's a link for a good place to start:

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/recipe_slideshows/100_calorie_snacks
  • BRANN80
    BRANN80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    same issue here, water does help sometimes but what helps me... fruits!!!

I'll definitely be doing the fruit thing!!!!
  • BRANN80
    BRANN80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks gpteran! I'll definitely check it out!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    A tasty not to fattening snack thats like eating a sweetie if you like them is dried apricots, not very filling mind you but its like having a healthy alternative treat.
  • le3200
    le3200 Posts: 1
    Options
    I can definitely relate to that! That is the hardest part of dieting, your body is used to you eating more and different foods. They say you will get used to it, but I have been on my 1,000 calorie diet for 2 months and I STILL have those pesky hunger pains! I would suggest incorporating low cal low fat snacks into your diet so when you are feeling hungry, you will have healthy snacks on hand. If you have any more concerns dont hesitate to message me. Hope this helped!
  • lifeisbutagame01
    Options
    The water idea is best. Most of the time when we think we are hungry its our body actually saying it needs more water! "Food" for thought =) and be careful w fruit. Altho good sugar, fruit IS after all still comprised of it! Like everything else, moderation. =) feel free to add me if anyone is interested!
  • mearlie
    mearlie Posts: 224
    Options
    Open your diary and I'll take a look. I know I was having issues last week and 1) I was trying to lose weight too quickly. People recommended that I reset my weight loss goal to 1 pound a week. and 2) I wasn't getting enough long-lasting filling foods like fats/protein.

For me, if I eat too many carbs and not enough protein/fats, I get hungry too quickly. If you tend to get lightheaded or hypoglycemic, you should really try and eat more meat/eggs/other protein.

Instead of snacking on fruit I try to lean toward a handful of nuts or seeds. Fruit is good for you, no doubt, but it's also got sugars that is very easy for your body to use so it gets used faster.
  • lgonzalez32
    Options
    I feel like i'm at a plateu .. whats the best workout or diet that you guys recommend?
  • xo_princesserin
    Options
    I have the exact same problem, i also have a problem with cheating on my diet. since i'm currently on jenny craig.
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I was told to divide your dinner plate into three sections: protein, fats, carbs....... and eat the protein first..... so eat tuna, but hold off on having it on bread......or eat fish at Red Lobster... but don't eat the dinner rolls...... The order in which you eat food dictates your hunger and cravings later...... Drink water first.... before giving in to a craving....... Look at calorie charts... and see which fruits you like... Not fruit juice , because they contain a lot of sugar....... Drink water... not electrolytes..... Also.... create some meals that filll you up.... like vegetables....steamed..... make brown rice.. not white rice........ eat loads of salad.. Become a bunny rabbit...... but don't snack. on cheetos.... eat carrot sticks and a little bit of lite ranch............... and I hope this helps.
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    I need to be hounded!
  • mitbmitb2
    Options
    OMG!!! I have been dealing with that for the last couple of months! I used to be the type to eat out of stress, or anxiety, or boredom...but never feel hungry. Now i don't know why I AM HUNGRY ALL THE TIME!!! i don't know what to do. Sometimes i drink a huge glass of zero calorie orange soda (sorry, water doesn't cut it) but i know it is very bad for you. Sometimes i go over my budget and then it is that old "what the heck, i blew it anyway" attitude. It is awful. I have been losing/gaining the same 5 lbs. since January. Maybe we could support each other. Wish you luck.
  • vzryder
    vzryder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Pat, I am 54 yo , live in Qld Australia and would welcome anyone who would like to talk with me on this amazing journey that I am taking to regain control of my life and improve myself, for myself:)

Absolutely loving this site!
  • threeofmyown
    threeofmyown Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This was a problem for me at first too. I HATED feeling hungry. To combat the hungry feeling, I would eat raw vegetables, eat one piece of light toast, or have some tea. Your stomach is used to eating a lot more food than you are eating on mfp. In time, your stomach will shrink, and you won't have that feeling anymore.
    I welcome that hungry feeling now. Because it means that my body is utilizing the fat stores I have built up...and I am losing weight.
    Let yourself get used to only eating when you are really truly hungry. You aren't going to melt.
  • catsbc2002
    catsbc2002 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    make sure you eat all your cals,and if your hungry eat your excerise cals.Also yes the water will help as well as you might to eat more protien at the times you are feeling more hungry jurning the day if you it breakfast at 6am then eat more protien then so that you make it to your lunch time feeling full.oatmeal is a good feeling breakfast idea,look up other ideas for filling foods.Good luck and add me if you would like.
    hello from Canada:flowerforyou: