Restarting my diet

Options
Lost about 50 pounds then I stopped. Starting again! Any tips?

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    don't think of it as restarting. just, redoing. remember what helped you succeed that first time, and what caused you to regain the weight.

eat to be in shape. do strength training. do cardio. get plenty of rest. don't worry if you mess up one day. don't worry about making it up either. learn from it and move it.
  • mylove0mylife
    Options
    Why'd you quit?
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Can't your life permanently. Don't diet.
  • tiffanybillig
    tiffanybillig Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Be honest and start slowly. Don't cut everything out completely all at once. If you love sweets find healthier alternatives to those. Portion control was the biggest thing for me. Water! Is also a big thing. Mio is awesome if you don't like water too much. Find people who you can relate too. Read other peoples diarys and get ideas. And good luck!!!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Do what you did last time and don't stop this time.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    if you stop calling it a diet and shoot for a lifestyle change you wont have to worry about starting over ever again... lifestyle changes is an 24/7 365 thing. learn to eat right and exercise properly then you will never have to worry about dieting again. i eat what i want using moderation and portion control and i continue to lose weight.
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    if you stop calling it a diet and shoot for a lifestyle change you wont have to worry about starting over ever again... lifestyle changes is an 24/7 365 thing. learn to eat right and exercise properly then you will never have to worry about dieting again. i eat what i want using moderation and portion control and i continue to lose weight.

^^this is exactly what I would've said :) good luck
  • sweetkeys
    sweetkeys Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    yep - recommitment to a healthy lifestyle - losing weight is part of the over all picture - you can do it!!!
  • ghoastskindevil
    Options
    I quit because I thought I was satisfied but then later realized that I wasn't. And I am going to start working out this week. I'll see how that goes.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I quit because I thought I was satisfied but then later realized that I wasn't. And I am going to start working out this week. I'll see how that goes.

you can't stop exercising and expect to maintain your same level no matter how big or small you are...

you may want a pick up a book called "burn the fat feed the muscle" i highly recommend it; it will help you to never have to use the term "im going on a diet" ever again.

good luck in your journey
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Just keep doing what you did last time. And dont stop.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Lost about 50 pounds then I stopped. Starting again! Any tips?

DON'T STOP this time! :)
    It will be soooo worth it!
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options

^^ This was my first thought also. Good Luck with your journey.