Yummy Tuna Snack/Meal

Options
I put these ingredints together tonight and they tasted really good together. And filled me up

2 thick-ish tomato slices on plate
1/2 teaspoon of dip on each tomato slice (i used ranch dip)
1 tortilla chips on top of dip (one on each tomato)

Drain can of tuna in water. Fry tuna in pan with olive oil spray and spices, till browned.
Add some shredded cheese to tuna and let melt. (i used kraft fat free cheese)

When tuna hot, melty, and browned take a tablespoon of it and put on top of one of the tomato slices, another tablespoon for the other tomato slice.

Eat with fork and knife.

It really good and because there is no bread, it's low carb. The 2 chips gives it a lil crunch without too many carbs.

Add up the calories of each item you used. Mine was 250. Yours may be different depending on the type dip, cheese, etc

Replies

• pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I never thought to "fry" tuna in a pan and then add cheese. Brilliant! I will be trying this, thanks!
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I think frying tuna may be illegal, immoral or even sacrilegious
  • 256Sept12
    Options
    yea, i never thought about fryng it until tonight either.
    i WANTED to make tuna patties...but i didn't have any eggs to hold the patties together...so i just put the tuna in the pan as is.
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    eggs are an eggscellent source of protein: go to the store ASAP and stock up :) great recipe, will try
    yea, i never thought about fryng it until tonight either.
    i WANTED to make tuna patties...but i didn't have any eggs to hold the patties together...so i just put the tuna in the pan as is.
  • kattkin
    Options
    That sounds good! Thanks for posting it.
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. I think I'll try something like this for lunch. I have satied onions and scrambled eggs and added the drained tuna, but I think melted cheese like sargento's lower fat chedder would be good. Putting it on tomatos sounds yummy! :drinker:
  • midnight333
    Options
    It does sound good and gluten free I think if you use corn tortillas. I'd add egg whites and a yolk to up the protein count even more, and have it as a meal then.