Any beauty queens out there? Share your tips!

Options
2»

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Try using a shampoo that's sulphate free. Your hair will feel a little funny for about a week (like it has a build up on it or something) but after it adjusts, your hair will look amazing. I use Organix argan oil shampoo/conditioner/light oil product and I like it a lot better than the Redken shampoo that I was using.
    Burt's Bees also makes sulfate free shampoo in the same price range! I really like their grapefruit and sugarbeet one! Definitely something to look into, it's better for your hair (though I switch around because I get bored so I use ones with sulfate often).
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    I'd HIGHLY suggest using Wella products (pricy) or going to Walmart and grabbing some Organix conditioner and shampoo in Moroccan Argan Oil. That stuff is amazing.

As for lipstain, look up OCC Lip Tars. Prepare to be amazed.
    I just bought the Moroccan Argon Oil shampoo and conditioner and I really hated it! I felt like my hair was so dry but I guess it really depends on hair type. I have some Wella conditioner (it's for fine hair, in an orange bottle) and I absolutely love that. I ended up reconditioning with that after using the Organix because my hair still felt dry and tangled in the shower!

But I've noticed that it was recommended twice on here so maybe I'll give it another try!
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    That lip tar looks awesome. I will have to order some with my next paycheck!!

Will also have to check out this Organix stuff. Is it expensive? I have used moroccan oil before and it did help a little but didn't work miracles for me.
    I just bought some at Target. It's like $6 a bottle.
  • erinfog
    erinfog Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    http://www.sephora.com/velvet-matte-lip-pencil-P78834?skuId=792531

pricey, but it's amazing. coverage like a lipstick, but stays on like a lip pencil. doesn't smudge or go on your teeth and lasts forever. i have to use cold cream to get it off.

http://www.sephora.com/hd-invisible-cover-foundation-P217905?skuId=1096908

best foundation coverage. photographs amazingly.

i do a coconut oil mask on my hair once a week (just the bottom half) and it helps so much. also an apple cider vinegar rinse will get rid of all the product build up and make your hair shiny/voluminous.

as for skincare, expensive but vasseur is where it's at. the eye cream and green tea serum are god sent.
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    Hairstylists have a special blow drying technique that makes your hair super shiny, plus the shampoo does make a difference. Next time you go to the salon ask them to show you how they blow dry (or just pay extra close attention). What kind of pageant are you doing?
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    i LATHER MY CHEST HAIR TO KEEP THEM LUSTRIUS.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I haven't yet found a lip stain that resists chewing, licking, sucking. my advice: don't do any of that. just be a lady and smile pretty, don't chew or lick your lips and you will be fine. Mac pro longwear lipstains or nars velvet matte pencils are great if you can break that habit.
  • lisamurphy7227
    Options
    argan oil is great but i only use it every other time i wash my hair. the reason you hair is so shiny coming out of a salon is more in the hair dryer than anything. defusers and roll brush blow outs do it. you can do it yourself, it just takes practice. my favorite shampoo is actually dove. anything with high amounts of silicone will weigh down your hair eventually. you can however get a clear gloss treatment from sallys beauty supply for cheap. try ION brand with a 10 volume developer. i also use a leave in conditioner sparingly. the brand ITS A 10 has a great shine spray. as far as lip stain, victoria secret used to have the best lip stain but they discontinued it. in my opinion the next bes thing is ULTA brand. looks like a felt tip marker. revlon has a good stain as well but the colors are much more dramatic. i use red and ive had it stay put for 3 days with little touch ups here and there.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    A few other random (high end mostly) products I'd suggest are Lancome Hypnose Drama for mascara, Urban Decay's liner in Perversion if you're seeking a good black color, Nars or Tarte blushes are great, Urban Decay's All Nighter to set your makeup to ensure it won't budge during the pageant, Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer, Maybelline's gel liner (use for upper lashline), ELF brushes are cheap and work well.. I can go on and on and onnnnnnnnn.

Clearly you can see where most of my money goes. lol.

I'm right with you!!! I just got Urban Decay's new Naked Skin foundation and their good karma optical blurring brush yesterday in the mail and I am in looove!! I'm also a Beauty From The Earth diehard eyeshadow fan. Amazing Colors. Great prices!

As far as brushes, I went to a few craft stores to collect Loew-Cornell Maxine Mop paint brushes. They are very cheap and compare almost identically to MAC brushes. I got mine at Michael's and AC Moore :)
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    A few other random (high end mostly) products I'd suggest are Lancome Hypnose Drama for mascara, Urban Decay's liner in Perversion if you're seeking a good black color, Nars or Tarte blushes are great, Urban Decay's All Nighter to set your makeup to ensure it won't budge during the pageant, Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer, Maybelline's gel liner (use for upper lashline), ELF brushes are cheap and work well.. I can go on and on and onnnnnnnnn.

Clearly you can see where most of my money goes. lol.

I'm right with you!!! I just got Urban Decay's new Naked Skin foundation and their good karma optical blurring brush yesterday in the mail and I am in looove!! I'm also a Beauty From The Earth diehard eyeshadow fan. Amazing Colors. Great prices!

As far as brushes, I went to a few craft stores to collect Loew-Cornell Maxine Mop paint brushes. They are very cheap and compare almost identically to MAC brushes. I got mine at Michael's and AC Moore :)

I've heard the maxine mop brushes are amazing and really similar to a lot of Mac brushes (which I never blew money on lol). I'm totally going to check out Michael's now!

I saw a review on the new foundation and that looks great as well! I wear foundation VERY rarely because my skin is decent except under my eyes which requires some heavy help lol. Benefit's Erase Paste is killer for anybody with dark circles or redness under their eyes!

I may go in store and try out some of that foundation though.. you got me curious :P
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'd HIGHLY suggest using Wella products (pricy) or going to Walmart and grabbing some Organix conditioner and shampoo in Moroccan Argan Oil. That stuff is amazing.

As for lipstain, look up OCC Lip Tars. Prepare to be amazed.
    I just bought the Moroccan Argon Oil shampoo and conditioner and I really hated it! I felt like my hair was so dry but I guess it really depends on hair type. I have some Wella conditioner (it's for fine hair, in an orange bottle) and I absolutely love that. I ended up reconditioning with that after using the Organix because my hair still felt dry and tangled in the shower!

But I've noticed that it was recommended twice on here so maybe I'll give it another try!

Haha yeah, sadly different hair types reacts differently to certain products. My hair is VERY, VERY thick and frizzy and the Organix works well for me if I leave it in for around 5 minutes while I take my shower. I also really like their coconut milk oil (or whatever it's called) to help detangle my hair after I get out. Where do you buy your Wella conditioner at? I sometimes find it at Marshall's for dirt cheap but trying to find better options.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Beauty's boring, I don't wanna do it.

Sorry just had to throw out a Honey Boo Boo quote. I know nothing about pageants but have fun!
  • mhoward685
    mhoward685 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Nioxin has a good product for hair growth.
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    bare minerals, big sexy hair voluminous shampoo, paul mitchell sleek and shine serum, coco channel lotion, and nivea diamonds and shimmer body wash.