What's your NSV today???

Options

Replies

• corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Wednesday NSV - Did Body Revolution Cardio 1....HATE running man. HATE it. Made it through the entire 60 second 2 times of them. Usually last 30 seconds
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Did my first TRX training session... 55 minutes and not one sound of whining. LOL
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet today but last night I was commended for my workout. That was better than any of the pounds lost or clothing size changes.
  • jlreser
    jlreser Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm down 3.5 inches from last month! A total of 6 inches lost from my waist and 4.5 inches from my hips since I started March 4th! :D
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My best NSV yet occurred last night. I've been running 10-15miles a week for the last 2 1/2 months. I'm really seeing a lot of progress in how my mile times (and my weight) are dropping. My best friend has decided to try to start running with me. Last night we went out planning to do at least 3miles. At about .75 miles she started complaining that she hurt and couldn't go on. I pushed her to run at least a full mile before stopping to let her walk (I usually don't walk at all). When we started walking she was so out of breath and said she felt like she was going to die. I was hardly out of breath! She turned around at 1.2 miles and went home saying that she just couldn't go on. I finished out the run without her. I ran 3.8 miles and had my fastest mile time yet! I think knowing that I'm in MUCH better shape boosted me to run faster haha.

In the beginning of August I was running 12:30 mile times and feeling like I was going to die after. Last night I ran a 10:45 pace and was hardly winded!
  • Eatone1
    Eatone1 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My NSV for today is running 33 min (2.75 miles) straight without stopping. I am NOT a runner. Usually I run 5 minutes and walk 5 minutes, so this was a pretty big deal for me!
  • CRichards22
    Options
    These are all so great! I love seeing what people have as NSVs....some things you never even think about! LOVE IT!!!!

You are ALL doing fantastic!!!! :drinker:

Measured today, it's been 6 weeks and I was down another 6.75 inches! Totalling 96.5 inches since January 1!!!! Feeling GREAT! :drinker:
  • jill1765
    Options
    Have on a pair of jeans today(might I say they look pretty darn good), that when purchased from the clearance rack a few months ago would not meet in the middle to button.
  • jlolson6740TK2
    jlolson6740TK2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I need to get my wedding ring sized down!!!!!
  • neetneetneets
    neetneetneets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have this cropped denim jacket, and when I used to do up the bottom buttons it would be tight on my waist and therefore define my figure - looked great over a dress with no shape.
    Today I did up those buttons, and it was SO loose! My waist is smaller. YES!
  • mlovebug
    Options
    Fit into my work clothes,
    didn't get upset when I looked in the mirror. :)
  • jpe71
    jpe71 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fifteen laps in the pool - a little shy of a half mile. A year ago, two laps required a rest, and four was plenty. Less than three months ago, I had shoulder surgery. I will be in physical therapy at least another two months, and can't use that arm most of the time while swimming. Getting that far right now is seriously amazing to me. I think I'm going to aim to double that, by year end.
  • Fnarkk
    Fnarkk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Because I do not see well without my glasses (Ok, I'm blind as a friggin bat), I put on a pair of jeans from the drier that fit exceptionally well. It wasn't until I went upstairs that I realized it was my wife's jeans - she wears men's levi's for the looser fit due to bing with child so recently.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i have to say that i havent been swimming in years because i have not fit into my swim suit....well today for the heck of it, i tried it on, its a tankini and a size 16 regular...and it fits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! granted it doesnt look the greatest in the stomach/ab area but it fits!!!!!! but i know in time the stomach/ab area will get there. super motivated now!
  • boophil
    boophil Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I actually ran on the treadmill today when at the gym with a friend (I am so NOT a runner!). Only for a few minutes, then finished my fast-walk!

Also, while doing free weights tonight, I watched myself in the mirror and for the first time I could see a very noticable change in my appearance! I actually smiled while looking at my own reflection! I've got a long way to go still, but seeing my reflection really inspired me to keep going!
  • MeganRhea_x
    MeganRhea_x Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My brother in law asked me today if I have still been losing weight because he could tell! It's always nice when other people notice your body changes :)
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 of 30DS, and I already didn't have to take as many breaks! Woo!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    My NSV yesterday was not letting my MIL talk me into eating more than what I wanted to when we went out to lunch yesterday. I was full after my tuna melt and didn't want to eat any more. She insisted and insisted but I was fine. I kept telling her I was satisfied and didn't need to eat anymore. My husband thinks she wanted me to order dessert so she wouldn't look bad eating hers. I stuck to my guns and simply explained that I felt fine now but if I ate more I would over eat and feel sick and it would just ruin the rest of the day for me. Why ruin a good thing? Of course she over ate and said she felt sick and complained the rest of the day and being how she is diabetic she was then complaining about how she shouldn't have had that double scoop of ice cream with the sugar cookie plus the 2 sweetened Ice teas. I had the same tea but I"m not diabetic. I tried to make her feel better and suggested she get a bottled water and then we walk around and window shop for a bit. That seemed to make her feel better.

What I don't understand is why people push their eating habits onto others? I didn't criticize her for eating all the things she's not allowed to eat due to her diabetes and heart disease. Why can't she respect that I know when to say enough and leave it at that?
  • jpe71
    jpe71 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I noticed in the gym mirror today that I no longer bulge where the back of my swimsuit ends. It's a proper fit again!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I tried lifting some weights today...no idea what I'm doing, so I you tubed. Since I'm just using 5lb weights, I'm not sure if this is a NSV or NSFail...but it's a step in the right direction, right?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!