Second Week & Would LOVE Some MFP Friends!!!!

Options
Hello Everyone,

Greetings from sunny Washington, DC!!! My name is Macy and I have officially started my weight loss journey! I am 5'11 & 206lbs. My-oh-my how did I become 200lbs :noway: ? I recently decided that I was going to seriously try to lose weight the HEALTHY and CORRECT way! I struggled with weight loss through-out college until I was down to 160. I looked great but felt horrible and the weight came back on. Two weeks ago I had a consultation with a personal trainer / nutritionist who charged $400 a month to "train" me and help with my eating habits. I don't know about you all, but I just CAN'T afford $400 monthly to lose weight!

So here's the deal, my weight loss plan involves walking, jogging, playing tennis, eating FRESH & healthy, and using Green Coffee Bean Extract supplements. MY goal weight is165lbs

I would LOVE some friends on MFP for support and motivation. WHEN I lose this weight, I want to become motivation and support for my sister who is over weight as well! I am excited to become an active MFP user and can not WAIT to post my pictures in "SUCCESS STORIES" . I am currently down 1 lb and I weigh in again tomorrow morning! I'll keep y'all posted.

-Macy! :happy:

Replies

• sweetkeys
    sweetkeys Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just joined this week - I'll send you a friend request - we all need encouragement!! :smile:
  • Gilligan11
    Gilligan11 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Macy,

Welcome to MFP, I find it a great way to log my food and exercise and I find it motivates me because I will see or not see the results based on my actions. My name is Kim, married mother of two, and I am from Canada. I have never added or looked for friends on here before, but I am thinking it might be good to have a support system this time around. I was active on year last year and lost 40 pounds then had some issues and gained it all back in 3 months! I am finally back on track for the last 3 weeks, lost 12 pounds so far and plan to change my life in this journey! I am on here all week days and some weekends depending on time and if we are in town. I'd love to have someone to motivate, support and keep each other smiling!

By all means, add me if you'd like!

k
  • Tamsky22
    Options
    Hi Macy,

Greetings from Miami! I have re-joined MFP a few times and recently started over once again. I would love to join ia support group. I am 5`7 and weigh 210. My 1st goal weight is 175 and I too wondered how on earth I got to be 200+ lbs. I have lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks, but still struggle with bad eating habits. I am exercising everyday and eating healthier meals. I've never been cook, but I'm trying new and healthier recipes. I will send a friend request to you and sweet keys! Looking forward to this new venture!
  • dshelton511
    Options
    Hi Macy!!!
    Im Danielle, i started using MFP actively over a year ago and i loved it and had lost about 10 lbs... but then i got pregnant and stopped using it!! this is my first week back on it again and im looking to add more friends to help support/motivate me too!!! feel free to add me!
  • Rawvine
    Rawvine Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been on here for a couple of weeks and I am looking for friends. I need encouragement and would like to motivate others as well. If you are looking for friends let me know. Feel free to message me. I have a large goal and need all the friends that I can get whether newbies or long timers, it all fine with me! Hope to hear from you soon!
  • karlupe
    karlupe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I joined this week, and looking for get and give support and friendship too.... request sent :flowerforyou:
  • msbran77
    msbran77 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Been at it for over 40 days and log in everyday. Anyone feel free to add me if they want. I am always willing to help
  • SusanDLP
    SusanDLP Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    :happy: Greetings! I need some MFP pals, too. Sending a request:)
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Add me! Here is what i can tell ya. LOG EVERYTHING. The good, the bad the ugly. Its like your deep dary diary that everyone can see. its important that you log it. holds you accountable!

Do what works FOR YOU and dont worry with others.

EAT FRESH. You dont have to "eat green" or stop eating processed... but remember, fresh is best.

I eat everything i did before, but i use portion control and add extra fruits & veggies.

Would love to have you as a friend! I dont judge and ask that you dont judge either! (you may think thats a strange request NOW.. just give it a while.. you will see what i mean later. MFP is a GREAT place, but it can also be an evil evil playground)

Good luck to you, and i wish you all the best!!! :heart:
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Always looking to motivate :) Request sent
  • Linda09189
    Options
    I've hit my calories every single day for almost 2 weeks now and I'm only down 2 pounds, I don't understand it.....I want my ticker to move to...........
  • wrathofophelia
    Options
    Well hey there! I'm Jess. I just started a few days ago. I'm proud of myself, I've been positively RELIGIOUS about logging every last little thing I eat and noting even the smallest of physical activities (a 14 min walk burns 70 cals!) Would totally love to have a bud like you on this journey with me!
  • MamaWalkingBear
    MamaWalkingBear Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Macy, I've been on my weight loss journey for over a year. I've lost over 50 pounds between Weight Watchers, a weight management class and now MFP. I love the MFP and the tools it provides. I log everything, even non-nutrative sweetener. I still have quite a bit to go. I walk at least 4 to 5 times a week, and I'm up to slow walking for over an hour.

I hope I can encourage you during this life changing journey :)

If you think so, send me a friend invite.

Take care :)

Alicia
  • wrathofophelia
    Options
    I just added ya!
  • primmomof3
    Options
    Welcome....I have been struggling with this weight for the past 7 years...alot packed on when I went on an anti depressant...all you read is negative comments about trying to lose weight. Well, I found this place and I am motivated to lose and be the person that can give positive help to others inthe same situation!!! Would love to be friends and be an encouragement to each other!! Best of luck on your journey!!!!