I've come to a conclusion...

Options
I hate food. Well, ok. It's not food I hate. It's eating. There's so much more I could be doing when I have to take the time to eat. Also, every time I do eat, I can't help but think it's making me fatter than I already am, even though I know that too few calories is just as detrimental as too many. Anybody else experienced this?

Replies

• Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    I hate food. Well, ok. It's not food I hate. It's eating. There's so much more I could be doing when I have to take the time to eat. Also, every time I do eat, I can't help but think it's making me fatter than I already am, even though I know that too few calories is just as detrimental as too many. Anybody else experienced this?

I agree - taking time out to get meals in and carry them around to work is a burden. Especially in a busy NYC hospital.

So i just fast 20 hours a day and eat all my calories when I get home. Problem solved!

*Edit: typo
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    No. I love food and my entire day revolves around how much of it I get to eat. When I don't eat enough, I am cranky and tired, and my weight loss stalls.

I love food.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Food is okay, it's important to live :p I'd rather it taste good then like crap ... but my life doesn't revolve around it. Well maybe right now since I'm trying to make sure I hit all my macros ...
  • Lacebopp
    Lacebopp Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Some people Eat to Live... I Live to Eat! I am fortunate that I love pretty much any foods, so it makes it easier to eat the good for me stuff. I love trying to create new meals, but have little use for recipes. I just throw things together that sound like they would be good...
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I dont feel this way about food, but I do about showering… I'm no dirt girl, but I find it to be such a waste of valuable sleeping time...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I love food. I just hate how much it rules my life.
  • kittymewmew66
    Options
    Ditto! You are not alone.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options

^^^ ahuh, I was just thinking this today when I was making my lunch & thinking about what I can have for dinner tonight, breakfast tomorrow etc etc etc
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

No. I can't say that I have ever thought that eating food is a waste of time. :huh: :drinker: I have always thought it was a GREAT use of my time. That's why I had to lose so much weight.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    LOVE food, especially fatty fast food, but...it has been easier to give it up, eat healthier and exercise more because my wife is committed to doing this as well.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I work from home so I have no excuses LOL. I ***** about preparing meals from home and yet you guys struggling to get into the habits of preparing them and carrying them. I have nothing to say but for the most part I actually prepare my meals as if I were going to pack em.
  • Jester522
    Options
    I love food.

Me too. It tastes good, keeps me alive, helps me gain or lose weight depending on my goals, makes me feel nourished, fun to cook. What's not to love?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i love food. and now that i'm eating healthy, nutritious food, i find i love it even more. i'm also able to tell when i'm full these days. i didn't used to be able to do that. My mindset was, to quote Louis C.K. "the meal isn't over when i'm full, the meal is over when i hate myself."

i love the whole experience with a meal. the sight, the smell, the taste. the preparing, the cooking. everything.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a pill that I could tak once a day instead of eating. food prep, eating, cleaning- takes up a lot of time.
    Yummy things can just be an occassional treat.

I didn't gain wight because I love to eat, but because of some health issues combined with me being to too tired to watch what I ate (grabbing simple easy to get eating done and over with).
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    Yeah no never felt that way.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Next time we think about how much time food takes up we could realise how lucky we are we don't have to grow/raise/hunt for everything we eat as well as cook and eat it!

I love food and don't mind it taking up my time usually. I am always happy to spend time eating just not always the cooking or shopping :)
  • Jester522
    Options
    Start fasting longer and prepare meals ahead of time.
    Food is okay, it's important to live :p I'd rather it taste good then like crap ... but my life doesn't revolve around it. Well maybe right now since I'm trying to make sure I hit all my macros ...
    It gets easier as you do it more. Counting macros is a better method than calories.
    I dont feel this way about food, but I do about showering
    This is how I feel about making my bed.
    ^^^ ahuh, I was just thinking this today when I was making my lunch & thinking about what I can have for dinner tonight, breakfast tomorrow etc etc etc
    I eat the same things every day, at the same time, in the same order. My physical transformation as a science experiment is more exciting. But Im neurotic. lol
  • SirKelsalot
    Options
    Funnily enough, I didn't much care for food until I started using MFP. I barely ate, and what I DID eat was crap. Now, I'm having a lot of fun learning to cook healthy stuff that tastes awesome. I actually shudder at the thought of deep-fried chips now, when I used to eat them for lunch every day in college.

Food! Yay!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Next time we think about how much time food takes up we could realise how lucky we are we don't have to grow/raise/hunt for everything we eat as well as cook and eat it!

For me, having to grow/raise/hunt my food would be more fun. Put some excitement and adventure into eating
  • moonlitsonata
    Options
    Tthe thing is I love food, I'm not a picky eater by any means. I just hate taking time to sit down and eat it, except when it's for family dinner or something, then it's a fun and social event. I know I need to eat though, not only to lose weight but to keep my hypoglycemia under control. Bleh.