What are the craziest questions you've been asked???

Options
AmberJo1984
AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
I work at a hospital -- at the main information desk (just inside the front door). Just like with any other public place, you can see a lot of crazy things. And you can get asked a lot of crazy things.

Questions I've been asked include:
1) "Do you have fillet parking?" (They meant valet... but, I so wanted to say, "No, we don't serve fish here.")
2) "Can I see a phone book so I can look up the number to General Hospital and see where they are." (She was standing in the hospital at the time.)

AND... My personal favorite....
3) "Who do I need to talk to if I want to have a baby." (I couldn't help it. I had to laugh. I'm lucky I didn't lose my job for that one.)

So... what are the craziest questions you've been asked -- from a friend or from your work?

Replies

• AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I've also been asked to hold a gun for someone while they went up to visit a patient. Needless to say, I DIDN'T.
  • Charmed285
    Charmed285 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I was working and a guy I don't know started talking to me and I think he was messing with me but he asked if I I had kids and I said no... he asked if I was pregnate and I said no then asked me why not and I told him I don't wany any... I have no idea why I'm actually anwering his questions I just did then he asked if I had my tubes tied and i'm like What?? why?? meanwhile I'm thinking who would ask me that or anyone for that matter. so I just walked away.

I had a few guys ask if I was a virgin and I'm just thinking really? I still don't know why and I wonder why some guys assume that (no disclosing wheather I am or not) just wondering at my age why they would assume that. and none of these guys I'm close to and barely knew.
    since I tend to be on the quiet side sometimes a guy asked if i was a freak because of that.
    lastly, a guy asked me if I want to make a baby with him" one time "and asked me to go out with him.
  • familyof9
    Options
    1. When I was pregnant at 23 with my first little bambino a nurse who greeted me at the hospital without even knowing me told me that Adoption is a good option and would I like someone to speak to me regarding it's benefits? She didn't even know me! I know I have always looked young for my age, but really, that was rude!

2. I have 4 children with the oldest 10 years older than the younger two. Stupid question: Are they all from the same Father? Hmmmm. RUDE!: (Oh come on! smiley)
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    When I was on the phone with my blonde friend, she asked me,"Hey, can you smell that?"
    (Um...are there phones that transmit smells somewhere?)

Same blonde friend called me to say she was watering her boyfriend's juniper bonsai that he had been growing for 6 years while he was out of town. She felt bad for him that it was so small after so long, so she wanted to help him make it larger so she cut it off at the base so that it would grow back double. She asked if she put the part she cut off in a cup of water would it grow roots so that her boyfriend could have two bonsai.

I went to visit her one day. I was chatting with her boyfriend and she came by and asked if it was a razor that people used to scrape stickers off car windshields. We said yes and she left. A few minutes later she walked by with her boyfriend's gillette dual blade razor. Her boyfriend and I giggled knowing that kind of razor wouldn't work. A minute or two later, the boyfriend jumped up and ran toward the door. I screamed,"What's wrong? What's wrong!" He yelled back,"There aren't any stickers on her car windshield!"
    (Yup! She was scaping off the inspection sticker! Had used her fingernails to scrap off most of it since the razor didnt work.)

She is a constant source of amusement. No offense to blondes. I know for a fact that all blonde jokes are written about this friend of mine.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    At work, I was asked 'are your eyes real?'

I was wearing green contact lenses at the time, but still.. :noway:
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    I wrked for yrs at a Mental Rehab (locked facility)....a pt asked at snack time for a banana,...& ky. no joke. I had to keep a straight face and said I think we'll pass on the ky,but u can have the banana?....then the nurse said,And DONT bring it back!....we shut the door and died laughing.
  • nascarted10
    nascarted10 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My neighbor (two houses down) once called and asked if I had hot water. I said yes of course. He said, that they don't and they wondered when theirs would come back on! I had to hang up the phone before I said something that ended that friendship!
  • martymays
    martymays Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I own an auto parts store, and the other day I had a guy in there, who just up out of the clear blue, looked at me and said " Have you ever been to a midget wedding?"
  • kittymewmew66
    Options
    1) Are your eyes real?
    Yes, simply stated like that.....

Yes, I have eyeballs and they see, so they are real. I think you meant to ask me about the color of my eyes :::shakes head:::Yes, they are blue and the color is real.

2) Is your hair a wig?
    Pertaining to my really thick strait hair that has a mind of it's own.
    No, my hair is not a wig, but I agree with you . It would probably make a really pretty one.
  • juiletflt
    juiletflt Posts: 159
    Options
    Rencently I was buying a box of tampons (yes, I said the dreadfull word). Anyway, the guy that was checking me out pointed at the box, looked at me and said really loudly "hm, I bet those are really hard to go without, hu?" My reaction was "yep". I feel bad for that other guy that was waiting in line behind me. Really?
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    At work, I was asked 'are your eyes real?'

I was wearing green contact lenses at the time, but still.. :noway:

This reminded me of a time when a woman actually PULLED ON MY EYELASHES because she thought they were fake. Talk about boundaries.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I was working and a guy I don't know started talking to me and I think he was messing with me but he asked if I I had kids and I said no... he asked if I was pregnate and I said no then asked me why not and I told him I don't wany any... I have no idea why I'm actually anwering his questions I just did then he asked if I had my tubes tied and i'm like What?? why?? meanwhile I'm thinking who would ask me that or anyone for that matter. so I just walked away.

I had a few guys ask if I was a virgin and I'm just thinking really? I still don't know why and I wonder why some guys assume that (no disclosing wheather I am or not) just wondering at my age why they would assume that. and none of these guys I'm close to and barely knew.
    since I tend to be on the quiet side sometimes a guy asked if i was a freak because of that.
    lastly, a guy asked me if I want to make a baby with him" one time "and asked me to go out with him.
    a girl i used to work with asked me if i wanted to have sex with her. she had a boyfriend...in jail lol
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    when i worked at a golf course a guy came in and was like i'd like to buy some tee's and i was like okay.
    i got them out and rang them up.

and then he asked,"the tee's aren't shaped like the letter t?"

and i just smiled real big, to stop myself from laughing and said, "no hunny there not shaped like the letter t.. do you need some help tee'ing off?"

haha,good times. oh how i missworkin there, but, only cause i got free golf! lol
  • rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Can you hook me up with your sister?

(I don't have a sister. They always refer to my mom.):ohwell:
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this counts because the question wasn't intended for me, but it's damn funny...

A blond teacher I used to work with came into the staff lounge during lunch. There were at least four teachers in there with me. One of the teachers who is known for being a little ditzy said to the blond, "Miss Garcia, are you married?" The blond said, "No." The ditzy lady then said with a giggle, "So how did you get your name?" The blond looked at her like REALLY? Then I heard the BEST ON-THE-SPOT comeback ever.... "How did you get your last name?" The ditz said, "Umm, from my dad." The blond goes, "Ok, that's how I got mine, too." She rolled her eyes and walked out. The ditz felt REALLY SILLY. The blond later told me that that was really embarrassing for her and has happened before. People want to know how her name is Hispanic when clearly she appears white with blond hair and light eyes. I told her not to worry about it! The other lady is the one who should be embarrassed not her! She owned it! :laugh:
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    1. When I was pregnant at 23 with my first little bambino a nurse who greeted me at the hospital without even knowing me told me that Adoption is a good option and would I like someone to speak to me regarding it's benefits? She didn't even know me! I know I have always looked young for my age, but really, that was rude!

2. I have 4 children with the oldest 10 years older than the younger two. Stupid question: Are they all from the same Father? Hmmmm. RUDE!: (Oh come on! smiley)

I had someone ask me #2 and mine were only 3 years apart. It was very rude and no one else's business. They do look a lot different, but same father. :laugh:
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I had strep throat that just kept recurring and the doctor asked me if I had been doing anything sexually unusual. Really? My comeback... what do you consider unusual? LOL :laugh: I mean how else do you respond to a question like that (especially when referring to my throat)?
  • enid42
    enid42 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    background: public library

1)
    A very annoyed patron walks up to the circulation desk and asks if we have any dictionaries. I say yes. Very frustrated she replies, "Well I looked under D and couldn't find any!"

She proceeds to take a 35lb dictionary to her public use computer. Hooker was spell checking a word for her resume on Microsoft Office!

I saw that she had coffee. No drinks allowed in the library. I had to fight with her over the drink. The fight was epic, like people coming out of study rooms to watch epic.

2)
    I had a couple of teenagers from the local neighborhood looking for books on symptoms of crabs. They were scratching like they had fleas.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    Is chicken made of potato?
    Yep.