feeling exhausted!

Options
I wanna to see if anyone else noticed lulls in their energy levels during their program. Sometimes I think it is the less calories although I think I'm getting use to that. I feel energized after working out, but drag getting through the day and tend to be sleeping less.

Any suggestions on how to keep energy levels up with the low calorie intake and excercise? I am eating around 1400-1500 calories a day and working out about 1 hour 5x a week.

Thank you!

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I am constantly drained myself, and I do about 5 days per week with 800-1000 calorie burns on the elliptical/bike, and it can be very frustrating. I am not even aiming to lose, I am maintaining, although I suppose my tiredness might be because my bmi is just bordering on underweight, I am not sure. Maybe you are not eating rnough to fuel the workouts, or need more rest days?
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I had to increase my calories because I was too tired. I feel awful if I don't net at least 1500 per day. Are you netting 1400-1500 calories with your workouts? Or are you eating 1400-1500 calories and then burning part of that so netting way less?
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I wanna to see if anyone else noticed lulls in their energy levels during their program. Sometimes I think it is the less calories although I think I'm getting use to that. I feel energized after working out, but drag getting through the day and tend to be sleeping less.

Any suggestions on how to keep energy levels up with the low calorie intake and excercise? I am eating around 1400-1500 calories a day and working out about 1 hour 5x a week.

Thank you!

I was unusually hungry today and ate above my calorie requirement. Felt great.
  • miszxswish
    Options
    Hi there,
    I use to be tired when I started the program. But I found out that it was the food that I was eating. I started to eat more protein and made sure that had my intakes of vitamin A&C. I start my day off by eating a small breakfast, big lunch, small dinner, and snacks through out the day. Try eating fruits whenever you are hungry or just need an extra boost. I hope this help!
  • littletahoma
    littletahoma Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses everyone.

I am usually eating anywhere from 1400-1500 calories a day and burning about 500 on average with work outs. I think that I might need to up my calories every couple days during my major work out days. I don't notice myself feeling too hungry, but fatigued for sure.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    It definitely sounds like you're over training. I went through 2 years of that before I finally found a solution. and it also helps to get at least 7hr sleep per night and eating enough! Your muscles repair themselves while you sleep so it's really important. For me that means I need to be sleeping by 9:30pm on work nights, which is a challenge but i'm making the effort most nights!
  • littletahoma
    littletahoma Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I have been dealing with sleeping problems that I have had for the past 3 years...I am sure that it is all catching up with me. I am going to work on the 7 hours a night, good point that my body probably does not have time to repair and rest.

Thank you!