why me?

Options
So at 332 lbs I was shy, now 60 lbs later it's the same ****! When do I finally realize that im no longer that same person? I am my biggest challenge.

Replies

• RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the answer is either, since I feel worse about myself physically at times that I did when I was about 30 lbs heavier.
    :/
    Hopefully it just takes longer for us to catch up to our new reality and it eventually will happen.
  • juiletflt
    juiletflt Posts: 159
    Options
    Remember that it is mostly a mental game. Love who you are and the progress you have made. It's ok to know that you are not where you want to be yet, but you should be proud of what you have accomplished.
  • og8403
    og8403 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know what to expect from myself any more. I keep posing myself to lose weight. But at what point do we say enough is enough? My original goal was 315 lbs once I reached it I kept dropping it bcuz I wasn't happy. Maybe your right! Maybe my issue isnt weight related
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to you as I read your post. What occurs to me is that you feel that your weight is the cause of your shyness. It is possible that the shyness was the cause of your weight. In other words, perhaps you felt uncomfortable about your ability to interact with others and replaced relationships with food? If this is the case, maybe you should look more to the root causes of why you don't feel like the special, worthy person that you are! Or maybe, you have just been in unhealthy situations, family (can't change), friends (we can change), work (kind of tough to change in this economy). Try doing some new activities. Volunteer to help the less fortunate somewhere. It will help to take your focus off of yourself, your self-worth will increase, and you will meet other compassionate people who are helping others. Take some classes, learn some new things, expand your world and your opportunities to interact with new people. Find some fun thing that interests you that involves team work (maybe join a bowling league or something). Having a shared activity naturally opens up opportunities for conversation. I wish you the best.
  • lisamarie327
    lisamarie327 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have felt exactly the same way! It's like no matter how much weight I lose or what I actually look like, the insecure fat girl always lives inside of me! It is really frustrating to have made so many positive changes in my life and still feel exactly the same, but I try to focus on the positive and just remind myself over and over again of the progress I have made and that I should feel good about it. I know that it is very difficult, but I hope that that helps. You have lost 60 pounds! That is amazingly awesome. Don't let yourself give up or take all of your hard work and achievement for granted!
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    So at 332 lbs I was shy, now 60 lbs later it's the same ****! When do I finally realize that im no longer that same person? I am my biggest challenge.

If you're a shy person, that is to do with your personality, not your looks. Your weight isn't you. You are the same person. You just look different. You can change and develop the way you act in social situations if you want to, if it is bothering you, but that doesn't happen from losing weight - it happens from working on your behaviour and thought patterns.

FWIW, I don't think there's anything wrong with being shy. I'm a little shy, and it doesn't bother me - and it's totally unrelated to my weight. I was at my shyest when I was very thin.
  • og8403
    og8403 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Yeah I was extremly shy when I was over weight. I do belive my shyness has to do a lot with my self confidence. That I do need to work on.