What's your go-to breakfast?

Options

Replies

• tonibologne
    Options
    Make a Greek Yogurt Parfait:
    --Boil or microwave some brown rice (or other whole grain such as farro) then drizzle with some honey and a optional squeeze of fresh orange.
    --Put 1/4 c. brown in a tall glass then top with fresh fruit of choice (berries, peaches, nectarines, kiwi etc) then top with 1/2 of the container of 100 calorie Greek yogurt (I prefer vanilla).
    ---Then repeat with brown rice, fruit and yogurt.
    ---(OPTIONAL: You can also top it with sliced almonds or other nuts).

It has about 350 calories depending on the whole grain you use, fruit and if you add nuts. Its GREAT!!!! It has whole grain, fiber, dairy, protein, anti-oxidants (if you choose fruit like blueberries) and good fats if you add nuts. It will definitely hold you over til lunch.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I have oats (made with water not milk) with fruit greek yoghurt, berries and a little honey stirred through.
  • _Tuyana_
    _Tuyana_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast is
    1/2 cup of wholegrain oats (they keep me full for longer than oatmeal or rolled oats) soaked overnight
    50g of yoghurt (don't bother with low fat version as I like it creamy and standard yoghurt is considered a low fat food anyway)
    1 medium kiwifruit (good source of vit C and fiber)
    1 small banana (good source of potassium, I get cramps sometimes when I exercise)
    0.5 tbsp of cinnamon (to make it more interesting, this way I don't need to add sweeteners)
    30g of casein protein powder (casein is slow release unlike whey protein, sometimes it's called "night time protein", it also lines your stomach so you feel fuller for longer)
  • phildawson75
    phildawson75 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I tend to have either:

Weetabix x2 = 134 cals
    Alpro Almond milk 125ml = 30cals
    =
    164 cals

Or

Quaker Oats 40g = 142 cals
    Skimmed milk 300ml = 111 cals
    =
    253 cals (adding 15 cals per teaspoon sugar)

If you want to take to work the weetabix comes in 12s and you can get single ready packets of oats. I tend to get the bigger packs for home as its much more cheaper.

I also have Tesco Light Cranberry & Raspberry in the morning which has just 12 cals per 250mls!

My wake up drink is fancy Carte Noire Espresso taken without sugar so that's <1 cal.
  • mdandres
    Options
    If I have time in the mornings: I grab a bowl of Multigrain Cheerios and skim milk. mmm nom nom
  • stephwilson1971
    Options
    What a great idea. I am going to try that! Stuck on whole wheat toast at the moment which is boring now! Going right now to buy the ingredients!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:

donut-burger1-e1347907290789.jpg

Welcome to America
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I make a big breakfast frittata on Sunday nights, cut it and put it into 5 plastic baggies, then store it in the fridge. They are only about 150 calories per serving. I also make a quick protein shake on my way out the door: 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup mixed frozen berries, 1 scoop protein powder.

Every morning, grab one of those plastic bags, toss it in the microwave for about 45 seconds, blend my protein shake, and I'm out the door in under five minutes, plus all that protein is really filling. Total calories about 350-400.
  • sportytalldoll
    sportytalldoll Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    every workday - an oikos greek yogurt )mmm black cherry!) and a vitatop muffin top! (mmmm applecrumb!)
  • kaylabrianna
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana on toast is god sent!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I dont eat breakfast... I dislike every single food people normally eat in the morning.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Eggs are my thing:

Wholemeal toast
    1/2 small avocado (spread on the toast)
    Poached or boiled egg
    Black pepper
    (about 280 cals)

or

3 egg omlette with spinach (about 220 cals)

Another trick is that whatever breakfast you have, eat 1/2 a Pink Grapefruit before it and it keeps you full as well as it is high fibre and low GI and only 50 cals.
  • wholelottarosa
    Options
    Low fat yoghurt with muesli and ground flaxseed.
    Usually two hours after breakfast I start counting until I can have my lunch, but the flaxseed seems to quiet down the cravings.
  • Indygirl_81
    Indygirl_81 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    Lately I've been having 3 scrambled eggs with sea salt and I also have a tablespoon of this maple infused almond butter--it all equates to around 310 calories. I typically eat this right after my workout in the morning as it seems to help.

On a side note, let me just say, I may have almond butter 2 or 3 times a day now lol, I love the taste of it, although it's not very volumetric at 100 calories for a little TB lol
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I make steel cut oats ahead,add fruit,or yogurt,some flax seed.Omega 3 eggs,or egg whites topped with fresh salsa and avocado slices. Premake hard boiled eggs and cut up an apple w/natural almond,or peanut butter..
  • ShaunMc1968
    Options
    1 x slice of wholemeal toast,
    1 banana to spread on toast,
    20 g of peanut butter already spread on toast

portable, yummy, - keeps you really full
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    egg florentine, spinach lightly cook in a pan with olive oil, break an egg on top pop the lid on, steam it for a minute or two, pop it onto your plate grate some low fat cheese on top, voila, breaky in 5 mins, high protein no card or very lttle, keeps me going.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Egg white omlette with stir fried veggies and fat free cheese. Sometimes with high fiber, low calorie bread, Most of the time hot sauce or spicy BBQ sauce....