Too many snacks?

Options
I've been doing MFP for a month now, and I can't believe how many snacks I eat! I'm staying under my calorie count most days, but I have to eat about every hour and a half. Anyone else dealing with this too? Do you have suggestions for yummy and filling low-cal snacks? Thanks :)

Replies

• ashleydillinger
    ashleydillinger Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like to have snacks, too. I'm not a big eater. I've always heard it's better to have small meals frequently throughout the day than to eat three big meals.

As for low calorie filling snacks, I have my kitchen stocked with yogurt, oatmeal, fiber one bars, and low fat popcorn.
  • sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm constantly eating, same as you about every hour and a half to 2 hours. I tend to snack on yoghurt & fruit, protein bars when I'm really hungry, carrots & cucumber with philadelphia... Basically low calorie options, I've found that tea with skim milk and no sugar is quite filling but coffee doesn't work, also got some 33 calorie biscuits that feel like a naughty treat with my tea. My diary on days can be filled with foods just to keep me going, check it out although pretty repetative as I go through fads of food I eat. I've come to realise it doesn't really matter how much healthy food you eat as long as your within you calories listen to your body and eat when you need to!
  • kazza2cats
    kazza2cats Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm always snacking too as I always seem to be hungry. Usually around 500 of my daily calories are snacks which normally consist of fruit , cereal bars and chocolate.
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Same here, I feel like I have to eat so frequently just to get close to my goal.I have a whey protein shake,especially after workouts,they help satisfy your hunger.I eat fruits,veggies with hummus,or a little natural peanut butter for a treat.Also,greek nonfat yogurt,handful of almonds,or a rice cake.
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    You girls don't have a monopoly on snacking, I have a snack and a short while later I'd have another, and the weight was more of a yo-yo thing. But now if I feel the urge to snack, I take a pint of iced water and stir in a teaspoon of cider vinegar and drink it down, it's not too bad a taste but it certainly stuns the craving for a snack.

Hope your enjoying the journey I know I am good luck to you all.

:drinker:
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    I find that I snack a lot as well. I try to make the best choices for those snacks but I do not plan on cutting it out or back for the sake of saying i only have so many meals per day.
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    I don't see how snacking could be a problem if you're still under your daily calorie goal. The only reason I try not to snack anymore is my dentist said frequent eating can attribute to cavities (of which I am heavily prone to :frown:).