Joined a gym

Options
I'm really enjoying it, i go with my sister and my friend, i went on Tuesday for the first time did an hour work out, and then i went again today and did a two hour work out, i feel so much betta for it, and the diet's going well, I'm thinking of going again on Sat or Sunday for another 2 hours! and will be going 2-3 times a week i think, also thinking of swimming but don't feel ready to brave a swimsuit just yet!!

Donna x

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Wow, good for you. How are you able to work out for so long? I do cardio and can only jog for 15 minutes (5.0) and then I can only walk, or I lift weights for an hour and I'm dead and sore. I've been working out for years and I am alway baffled how people can work out for hours at a time. I push the cardio until I can barely talk. I only have 8 lbs left to lose, but can't seem to push myself at the gym more. What exercises are you doing? What is your secret?
  • Obernon
    Options
    It is about at what level you workout. If you are running or jogging, if you can carry on a conversation, you are in your aerobic zone. This is actually the zone where you burn the most fat. When you are exercising to the point where you are really breathing heavy, then you are anaerobic and at this point you are burning fat but also the carbs stored in your muscles. I think when you are trying to lose weight, staying aerobic and going for longer and longer periods of time is what is recommended. Just be careflu when you start out not to increase too quickly. For example when you run, you should only increase the time or distance you run by 10% per week. This helps avoid overuse injuries. I train for triathlons and a similar theory is used for the biking and swimming.
  • Pcarolln
    Options
    Congrats on your motivation. Join a water aerobics class. Don't worry about being seen in a swimsuit, just remember the other ladies in the swimsuits are there for the same reason you are, to get fit and healthy. You will enjoy the classes and if you have a good instructor that is a great way to add variety to your workout. I take water aerobics 3 times a week and do my machine weights twice a week. I love it and do not mind exercising. I was beginning to get bored with the treadmill and decided I will have to find something else to do for exercise. I did and water aerobics was the answer for me.

Good luck and good going!!
  • mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Whooo hoooo, Go D~. That's great going. I walk for 30 mins and am wrecked.

Keep it up..

X