Weight before/after exercising

Options
Does anyone know if you're supposed to step on the scale before of after exercising? Today I stepped on before and it said 146 and then after working out for 2 hours, it said 144.4.....I highly doubt I lost a pound and a half in just 2 hours. Any ideas??
Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• kayla_larsen
    kayla_larsen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if you're supposed to step on the scale before of after exercising? Today I stepped on before and it said 146 and then after working out for 2 hours, it said 144.4.....I highly doubt I lost a pound and a half in just 2 hours. Any ideas??
    Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Drink more water. I usually weigh more after exercising.

Just weigh yourself at the same time of day each time you weigh in.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    This is water weight. I read somewhere that you should weigh yourself before and after exercise to make sure you're drinking enough water. If you're losing weight (same clothes, same scale) this means you need to drink more before your workout and during, or you risk dehydrating.
    Hope that helps.
  • Najah5150
    Options
    I used to go to Curves and they used to weigh me before I worked out. I heard that if you weigh yourself before you work out then weight yourself after and have lost weight...then your not drinking enough water. So I guess that just about right with what MARYWILLDIET said.
  • staymiche
    staymiche Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself only once a week, the same day of the week and at the same time of day. Weighing every day is only going to frustrate you.
  • baday
    baday Posts: 35
    Options
    on the same note, I have weighed myself before and after taking a shower, and noticed that i weight MORE after a shower! I'm assuming I'm absorbing the water, but I'm not sure. Anyoen else notice this?
  • srwings
    srwings Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Be consistent as to when you weigh yourself. I do it within a few minutes of arising in the morning. I weigh myself everyday. If you weigh yourself daily be prepared for up and downs in your weight.
  • natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    well i must be kinda weird cause after i take a shower i weigh less i guess cause i aint got no clothes no he he