good protein for clear liquid diet

does anyone know of any good tasting types of clear liquid protein for my clear liquids diet? I have some CelluCor Vanilla but its not see through...any suggestions??

Replies

• lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Are you on a clear liquid diet for medical reasons?
  • springb513
    springb513 Posts: 41 Member
    Good old-fashioned chicken broth is always good - but beware the sodium content.
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member

i begin the clear liquid diet on the 15th..its pre-op for surger on nov 2nd.
  • lamoursuffit

Ohhh gotcha. Yes, chicken broth is very good, it does count as a clear liquid, and they make low sodium versions. Good luck with your surgery! The sleeve is really the best option as far as weight loss surgeries go, least amount of possible complications.
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member

Ohhh gotcha. Yes, chicken broth is very good, it does count as a clear liquid, and they make low sodium versions. Good luck with your surgery! The sleeve is really the best option as far as weight loss surgeries go, least amount of possible complications.

thanks!!!! Im very excited about it..i did research about it before origianlly deciding its what i wanted...its been like a year long process because of it all..but thanks !! chicken broth seems like a good idea..Ive heard veggie broth was pretty good.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Your doctor/nutritionist/surgeon should have gone over this with you. Did they have any recommendations/guidelines? Perhaps you should call them on Monday.
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Your doctor/nutritionist/surgeon should have gone over this with you. Did they have any recommendations/guidelines? Perhaps you should call them on Monday.

^^ this exactly
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Good old-fashioned chicken broth is always good - but beware the sodium content.

There is ZERO protein in chicken broth...If you are on a clear liquid diet for pre-op reasons, don't worry about getting protein. There are no really good sources of protein in "clear" form. A couple of products on the market that you could use are Ensure Clear or 'Gatorade Pro Series Recover 03'. But, don't worry too much about getting your protein RDI during this diet phase. (BTW...I am a Registered Dietitian working with Bariatric patients)
  • lamoursuffit

thanks!!!! Im very excited about it..i did research about it before origianlly deciding its what i wanted...its been like a year long process because of it all..but thanks !! chicken broth seems like a good idea..Ive heard veggie broth was pretty good.

I mean of course, it is TASTY, but there is not much protein in it as far as I know :l you could talk to your doctor, but I think you shouldn't be too worried about it.