Calling all Yasmin users

Options
Hi all, here I am again with a pcos question.I have gained 20 pounds within a 5 months period for no reason, and this is when my gynea diagnosed me with PCOS. I was on metformin for the past one month or so with no result! I gained 4 pounds despite a healthy diet and regular exercise.Depressed, I went back to her who then recommended me Yasmin. She says that women with pcos are usually estrogen dominance and that leads to weight gain. Yasmin will help balance my hormones and hopefully, aids in me losing weight. So, to all Yasmin users, what are your experiences with it? Please share! Thanks !

Replies

• AsmaMiller
    Options
    I gained weight even with using Yasmin. Nothing helped bring it down. I exercised at the gym for at least 4 hrs. a day/5 days a week. Although I got smaller, I did not lose 1 lb. The trainer suggested I see a dr.

I've been seeing some "class action lawsuits" against Yasmin and Yaz, but don't know if they are a scam or not. I will say that as long as I took OCs I gained weight. No matter the name.
  • anyanya17
    anyanya17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm very interested in the replies. I was on Cerazette for over 4 years and went from 68 kg to 85 kg...No amount of exercise or diet was helping, I just wasn't losing any weight. I developed bad cystic acne, nightmare.. Finally I went to the doctor just over a month ago and he prescribed me Yasmin saying it would help clear my skin and stop me from retaining water so much, so hopefully it would help me lose weight. I have just started second pack on already see a difference:))My face is clearing up nicely, and I have lost weight, almost 4 kg in the first month)) I was strict with my diet and exercise, have been for long time now and the weight has only started to come off after I began to take Yasmin! It makes me a bit moody/teary sometimes, but I knew that it might happen after reading tons of reviews on Yasmin online. I do not have PCOS, but the doc said that if Yasmin does not help, he would send me to have my thyroid tested. So far though I am very happy with Yasmin and it works for me. IT's been early days, but hopefully my problems will be sorted with the help of Yasmin.
  • Huiminlovesfood
    Options
    That is great news! I am glad that it works for you! I have ballooned from 45kg to 55kg. I am of a petite size, just 153 cm =( and this 10kg has definitely made a whole lot of difference in the way I looked! I am only on my second day now and so far so good! Fingers crossed! Please accept my friend request and we can keep each other updated on our progress!
  • Huiminlovesfood
    Options
    I am very sorry to hear about this! Its definitely depressing to put in so much effort but not seeing results. Maybe you should go see a doctor as you may have thyroid problems,etc. Do not be devastated though, you may not have lose weight but at least you do look smaller! Its the inches that matters! Take care!
  • RainbowBrightww23
    RainbowBrightww23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been on Yasmin for years and experienced no significant weight gain on it, less than 5 pounds, for sure. It really helped clear up my skin in conjunction with glycolic acid, using extended cycling means I have no period and so no cramps/fluctuations in water weight associated with TOM, and I gained a bit of volume in my bust (which for me was great - mid B to either a very large B/smaller C).
  • anyanya17
    anyanya17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    oh, bigger boobs would be a great side effect for me:)) I haven't noticed that yet, but fingers crossed:))My friend has been on Yasmin for the last 5 years and is very happy with it, no problems at all. She recently tried to lose weight and she found it easy.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    i did not gain weight with Yasmin, i switched to ortho-tricyclen lo and gained some weight and then switched to Yaz and lost 11 lbs after just one month and now i am on the generic of that Gianvi with no issues

also, i had very irregular periods before being on birth control and it really regulated it and now i have regular short (1-3 days) very light periods. some cramping - more so in the days before my period but nothing major