when you hit your starting out goal, was it enough?

Options
When I started out my goal was 150, but the closer I get. It just doesn't seem like its going to be enough.
now I'm thinking 140. But I don't want it to be a never ending thing what's next 100 LOL.
So when you got close to your goal was it enough?

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    no my starting goal was not enough. I figured if i could just drop 10-12 lbs to get back to 130 my pre pregnancy weight i would be happy. when i got back to that, i knew i had to drop more, i was 120 when i got married 12 years ago, so i aimed for 125, a bit less but nothing too hard to get to. hit that and ten realized i needed to go back to 120, so if i gain a few i will still be in a good "zone". I am now back to 120 and feel fantastic and trying to maintain! it took me 11 months.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    actually, my goal was to hit 200 lbs. i don't think i ever got past 215. i was getting too skinny, too tired, and i realized that i still wasn't happy with my body.

i started focusing on how i felt and how i looked, rather than what the number on the scale said. i started focusing on getting faster and stronger.

people ask me what i weigh, and i tell them "i don't know, but i can dead lift 325lbs."
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    In 2008 I had a goal of hitting 145. Last summer I hit 139...and I still wasn't happy. But I realized that it was because of how I felt about myself. I had to learn to love who I was before I could ever be happy with my weight...no matter what goal I reached or surpassed. So now that I've been working on that, I weigh 145 again and feel pretty good about it. But there's always room for improvement!! :)
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    My staring goal was the highest weight I wanted to be. When I reached that, I set my goal down another 10 pounds. Those ten pounds are being difficult to lose, but I will lose them; then I'll reevaluate. I'm not so concerned now about the number on the scale as I am my waist measurement; I'm still not happy with that. Good luck to you.
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite to my goal weight, but I did notice the other day that even though I'm a size 0 at 130, it barely lists me in a healthy BMI..=(
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite to my goal weight, but I did notice the other day that even though I'm a size 0 at 130, it barely lists me in a healthy BMI..=(

BMI scales are $h!t. go by feel.

my bmi puts me at overweight, and only 1.3 points or whatever away from being obese. my doctor told me i have the pulse and blood pressure of an athlete. my asthma has disappeared, i can run a 5k in 26 minutes, and i can dead lift 325 lbs.

BMI scale is $h!t.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I'm at my original goal weight, and I feel good but I want to get into one smaller size. So I added ten more pounds to my ticker.
  • shorter145
    Options
    I'm just starting out and I have set a goal of 145. This isn't where I would ultimately like to end up, however, it is the highest number in my healthy weight range. I have to lose 55 pounds to get there. So, in my opinion it is perfectly okay to set a goal, reach it, and then set a new goal. 55 pounds is overwhelming enough. Adding more weight to what I want to lose right now would just be over kill.
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    it's never enough. you set a safe goal to start because you're not sure if you can do it and dont' want to be disappointed. then with a lot of hard work and effort, before you know it, you've reached that goal. you start to think "if i could lose 10, 20, 30 lbs., then i can lose 40, 50, 60". it's an endless cycle. :laugh:

good luck on your journey...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    My goal weight was fine, but I got a much better body composition after reaching that goal, without much change on the scale.

I :heart: strength training so much.
  • zotnika
    Options
    I started at about 100kg..and thought If I weigh around 65-70, Id feel perfect. I weigh around 58 now, and its still not enough. Uggghh...when is this perfect weight gonna come? :)
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Starting weight was 146. First goal was 130. Then 125. Then 120. Then 115. Then 110. Keep in mind i'm short. I think it's good to change your goal, so you don't get frustrated and can keep pace.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to rethink my original goal. I keep losing body fat, but my weight is staying the same. I'll keep trying to hit that lower number, but I don't want to sacrifice the new muscle I've gained to get there.

Perhaps it is time to ignore the scale and start tracking body fat percentage instead, and doing what it takes to get that percentage down?
  • Bigjayinga
    Bigjayinga Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, I'm 15 pounds from goal but I think. Will add 20 more.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I have an image as a goal rather than a weight. My ultimate goal is 15% body fat but i plan to build my muscle up to a certain level too. I dont know what weight I will be when i reach that goal but that doesnt matter to me. 15% body fat and ripped, thats my goal :)
  • keepersmom8
    Options
    When I started, my goal weight seemed so far away--now i have less than 20 pounds to lose before I get there. I'm sure that I'll change it in the next couple of weeks. I do know, however, that once I reach my goal, I won't be going back to my "old ways". I'll keep up the dietary changes that I've made and the daily workouts that have become a habit. The number on a scale is just a number.
  • tewmom
    tewmom Posts: 29
    Options
    My target is 150lbs, 56lbs to go. I would like to be less as that is on the high end, so I will see how I feel when I get there. For the first time after years of up/down on WW I don't feel like I am on a diet. I am focused on moving more and eating healthy. So when I get to 150 I plan on just continuing to do what I do if the weight comes off I am meant to be smaller :D
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    When I started this year I did a spreadsheet to "plan" minor goals along the way. I planed to get down to 231lb (16.5 stone) by the end of the year. I then plan to maintain over Christmas and into the New Year. Then see.

I did not set any final goal, because I have been overweight for years (Far too many to count) so how do I know what weight I want to be? Do I pick an arbitary figure, either weight or body fat% and rigidly fit to that? Also at 294lb where I started I could hardly imaging what 231lb would be like.

10 months in I am now 238ish (Having a bad few weeks) I can now start to believe that I will get to 231lb, but more importantly I can now start to believe that 210lb is possible and start to image myself looking like that.

So I knew my "goal" was going to change, I planned it that way.
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am currently less than a pound away from my starting out goal and I can be honest by saying, no it isn't enough. My first goal was to get down to 195, but I think that I'm going to try to get down to 185 to see how I feel there. There is that thin line between looking fit and looking sickly. If I cross that line, I will definitely be adding on the calories
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    Nope, I set a pretty safe goal the first time, 175; I knew it wasnt gonna be enough. I set it to a weight I'd been before in high school, but I knew I wasnt going to be happy there. So, I've been setting smaller goals; first 165, then 150, now 140. Personally, I've never been this small before, so I don't know where I'm gonna stop. It's ok to be flexible in your goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!