NSV - My First 10K !

Options
After recently building up to running continuously for 70 minutes covering 4.8 miles (7.7 K), my husband said he was proud of me and that there was no reason I couldn't run a 10k one day.

That day was today ! It took me 91 minutes running continuously to cover 6.44 miles aka 10k !

I think today is the first day that I feel like a real runner. I might be slow but I am getting there :) I love running.

Off to get read the boards to get hints on how I can increase my speed/pace now I know I can cover the distance. In particular I want to do sub 39 minutes for my 5K (my current PB).

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

But a 10k is 6.2 miles, so you went FURTHER than a 10k! Even bigger congrats!!!
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i've done five 5K's and STILL haven't worked up to a 10K yet. good job girl!!!
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • nickgarner6
    nickgarner6 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    No matter how slow you run you are still lapping everyone on the couch!

Good job!
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Just keep running!

Some people say keep speed work to 1 day a week, others say that should only be 5% of your training, others say that just keep running longer distances and the speed will happen on its own. I'm new to running so I really can't say with any authority.

Checkout runnersworld.com you may be able to find some info there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!