I must say, VERY handsome :wink:

Congrats...amazing job!
  • StephieF87
    StephieF87 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    awesome awesome awesome! :smile:
  • jellytot34
    Options
    your story is an absolute inspiration you look fantastic, well done :)
  • Montanarush
    Options
    Nteeter- I am impressed! A lot of that fortitude came from being a Marine, I'm sure! I started at 356 lbs, and I'm down to 293. I eat low carb, high protein.No potatoes, pasta, rice, sugar, bread. I did this diet before when I was younger and lost about 90 lbs, but I am now 57 yrs. old and my metabolism isn't cooperating. Any way, I walk 5-6 days a week and go to a joint mobility class and do Tai-Chi 3 times a week and I was lifting weights, but I'm disabled and have some joint problems so"insanity" is out' What I'm getting around to is what did you do when you hit the "dreaded plateau" as we all do at some point. thats where I am now. Because of your sucess, I was hoping that you might have some advice that would help me break out of this. Thanks in advance for taking time to read this!
  • springb513
    springb513 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Inspirational - thanks!
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    wow, thats awesome. congrats on your success! :drinker:
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You told it like it is. I to get annoyed when people ask how I lost weight and then just ignore what I said. I just want to say " Why did you ask then"
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for posting your success story! When I am feeling like it doesn't matter what I eat and if I don't exercise, I like to read the success stories as well. I'm glad I read yours!

Again, GREAT WORK!
  • cyberpope
    cyberpope Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There are times in your life when you encounter, witness or experience something for which words fail to adequately do justice to that which you've encountered. This is one of those times that despite a decent vocabulary... my words will fail to suffice what I've witnessed.

I've read your post ... watched the video (twice)... even got a little misty myself reading about the 'crying' part of your post. (I've known this guy over 20 years so its is on a personal level)

Is it awesome?... hell its so much more than that. Its epic!

You have a new lease on life, you are probably more fit than you were as a marine... or at least on the same level.

Looking at you I am reminded of the guy I met all those years ago working together at a local amusement park. (even if we're a little bit more gray now) Back when we were both thin as rails and having a blast.

I see so many people say how inspirational you are. You are the one who indirectly inspired me to make my change, get on here... and just plug away. So it is entirely true, what you have done affects those who you share your life and experiences with.

I couldn't be more proud of your accomplishment.

Pals,

Coop

Edit: I'm sure your wife is loving the Clooney look... When Hawk meets his goal who's his celebrity look alike? Bryan Cranston? =)
  • dy617
    dy617 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Your story (and yes, I read all of it :-) ) is a no frills get it done story which I appreciate. Thank you for sharing.
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    fantastic .... what an inspiration you are!
  • juliee274
    juliee274 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You are really awesome!
    I love your story! Thank you for sharing. I come here each night and read these success stories. There is always at least one that keeps me motivated and on track. Yours is it tonight for me.

Ditto. On days when I feel like giving up, it's stories like yours that keep me going. It really is just about "keep on keeping on."
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    GREAT story!! What a handsome healthy guy in that bottom picture... great job sweetie!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    love the comparison photo with George :laugh:

Congrats :wink:
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation and touching story!!
  • alycat06
    Options
    Congrats on your success! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • Alexandrareczska
    Options
    Wow congratulations on your succes you look great cause of people like you i have the strenght to keep going
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    AWSOME!!! THANK YOU FOR POSTING YOUR STORY. Please keep in touch with mfp. You wouldn't believe how many people you have inspired. WOW!!!:smile:
  • StephanieKidd83
    StephanieKidd83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! AMAZING!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!