Fact or Fiction? Earth is flat?

Options

Replies

• NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Wasn't it Abraham Lincoln who said you can't trust everything you see on the internet? :laugh:

where did you hear that quote? on the internet?
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    All matter including you is just condensed waves of energy.So in mind of that fact the earth is neither round or flat.

This is based on quantum physics which can't be proved. Therefore, you've proved nothing.
    How dare you i know for a fact this is right. Jesus told me himself while he rode a unicorn over the moon.
    The last time I said something like that in the forum (4 days ago) I got a strike and was told 2 more times and I'm permanently banned. The first amendment doesn't apply on here. So because of this event, I expect 2 things to happen:

1- out of fairness, a moderator will give you a strike
    2- said moderator will tell you to not speak of religion or else they will push you off the end of the earth if it is flat. However, if it turns out to be round, they will push you off the side and you will keep falling around it since it's spinning and you will spend an eternity falling to your death but never land. (think about it.if you fall off the side and it keeps spinning - you can't ever hit it. This may be the proof I needed)

I fully believe jesus was a real man. Unicorns and the moon have no religious connotations inside the main religions.( i doubt Druids or buddist related posts would be deleted. nothing i posted should be offensive to nyone with sense.

Dude, all I said was the word "atheist" and I got a strike.
    Frick, now I said it again... =\ ....
    You can't say that first line on here.
    Heck, if you thought unicorns were gods - that alone would be too much religious speak - aka strike material.

haha ive seen atleast 20 titles with god in the title this week. a couple about heaven and one about ghost. why dont these get delted?
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    haha ive seen atleast 20 titles with god in the title this week. a couple about heaven and one about ghost. why dont these get deleted?

moderator wrote:
    This message has been sent to inform you that you have been blocked from posting in the following topic:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/759078-boyfriends-not-for-jesus

Reason:
    Topic hijacking, trolling, or flame-baiting: Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

Referenced post:

QUOTE:

Just shouting out to all my a###ist friends. Looking for some good-hearted like-minded people to motor through calories with. Before you do something, always remember to ask yourself WWWD?
    (What Would Walter Do - aka Walter White / guy from Breaking Bad)

Edited to add:

"MyFitnessPal works on a three strike system. If you are blocked from posting in three topics, you will be permanently blocked from posting on any of the main forums.

You now have one strike."
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I feel pretty confident that this pic will either not post correctly--and if it does, will just be dang huge....:smile:

internetquotes.png
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    *yawns*
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    haha ive seen atleast 20 titles with god in the title this week. a couple about heaven and one about ghost. why dont these get deleted?

moderator wrote:
    This message has been sent to inform you that you have been blocked from posting in the following topic:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/759078-boyfriends-not-for-jesus

Reason:
    Topic hijacking, trolling, or flame-baiting: Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

Referenced post:

QUOTE:

Just shouting out to all my a###ist friends. Looking for some good-hearted like-minded people to motor through calories with. Before you do something, always remember to ask yourself WWWD?
    (What Would Walter Do - aka Walter White / guy from Breaking Bad)

Edited to add:

"MyFitnessPal works on a three strike system. If you are blocked from posting in three topics, you will be permanently blocked from posting on any of the main forums.

You now have one strike."

Wow that is just plain wrong. Talk about abuse of power.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Everybody's different. There is no one size fits all solution to the shape and topology of the earth. I don't care how many studies you cite.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It's banana-shaped. Derp.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    The planet is so big it can afford to be flat.

lets take a large beach ball and put a dog on it. It will obviously fall off.
    Now, put a dust mite on there, and there is plenty of flat space.

It's flatly round. :drinker:
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    You all need an education. The Earth......is obviously..........a hexagon.......sheesh.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm surprised, you people live under a rock. The world used to be round but then it got liposuction. It was on the national enquirer magazine!!
  • squirmmonster
    squirmmonster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    All matter including you is just condensed waves of energy.So in mind of that fact the earth is neither round or flat.

This is based on quantum physics which can't be proved. Therefore, you've proved nothing.
    How dare you i know for a fact this is right. Jesus told me himself while he rode a unicorn over the moon.
    The last time I said something like that in the forum (4 days ago) I got a strike and was told 2 more times and I'm permanently banned. The first amendment doesn't apply on here. So because of this event, I expect 2 things to happen:

1- out of fairness, a moderator will give you a strike
    2- said moderator will tell you to not speak of religion or else they will push you off the end of the earth if it is flat. However, if it turns out to be round, they will push you off the side and you will keep falling around it since it's spinning and you will spend an eternity falling to your death but never land. (think about it.if you fall off the side and it keeps spinning - you can't ever hit it. This may be the proof I needed)

I fully believe jesus was a real man. Unicorns and the moon have no religious connotations inside the main religions.( i doubt Druids or buddist related posts would be deleted. nothing i posted should be offensive to nyone with sense.

Dude, all I said was the word "ath**st" and I got a strike.
    Frick, now I said it again... =\ ....
    You can't say that first line on here.
    Heck, if you thought unicorns were gods - that alone would be too much religious speak - aka strike material.

So THAT is why I got my first warning! I spoke of being an ath--- someone who doesn't have a religion--- when I first got on here. I thought I was being warned because I was being rude, but I have been rude since then, and nada! So.. that's what it's all about! One of the moderators hates ath**sts! LOL. Busted!
  • socomary
    Options
    Oh, if it were flat, I'd' have an easier time running mileage. Don't ask people who live in the mountains that question...
  • atulas
    atulas Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If it's flat, how are we able to dig to China?

China is on the other side of the flat earth.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    The planet is so big it can afford to be flat.

lets take a large beach ball and put a dog on it. It will obviously fall off.
    Now, put a dust mite on there, and there is plenty of flat space.

It's flatly round. :drinker:

Your response is so big it can afford to be right.

lets take a large response and put a fact in it. It will obviously be off.
    Now, put a word in there, and there is plenty of space to be right.

It's correctly wrong. :drinker:
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    You all need an education. The Earth......is obviously..........a hexagon.......sheesh.

A hexagon is 2 dimensional. Therefore flat.

Fail.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    Wow I'm surprised, you people live under a rock. The world used to be round but then it got liposuction. It was on the national enquirer magazine!!

I read an article about how they suck the fat out of one spot and inject it in another.
    Maybe it's an hour-glass shape now?
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    So THAT is why I got my first warning! I spoke of being an ath--- someone who doesn't have a religion--- when I first got on here. I thought I was being warned because I was being rude, but I have been rude since then, and nada! So.. that's what it's all about! One of the moderators hates ath**sts! LOL. Busted!

Correction. Someone had to report you first. The moderators just acted on it.
    What it means is someone who hates ath**sts reported you and then the mods went for it.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    "round" and "flat" are highly offensive terms and meant to belittle and demean.

The earth prefers to be called "curvy".

:flowerforyou:
  • paul7799
    paul7799 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Proof that no matter how lonely or misunderstood you are there is a group of people just like you out there:

http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/