Singing in the car

Options

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Almost everything that somes on the radio. I've now got my kids doing it to. But certian songs just make me nerd out radio all the way up belting em out with the windows down.I have no shame. Live- Lightning Crashes, Duality-Slipknot ect
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Flo Rida- Whistle! Just gotta sing it no matter if im listening to it in the shower, car, anywhere. Just gotta sing along!

I whistle pretty good, so I always whistle along. My daughter said recently
    "mom...is that song about...a...blow job?"
    I about died laughing.
    "this is a bit awkward mom, can you stop whistling?"
    *continued whistling*

haaaaaahahaha...now I crank it up when it comes on and she's in the car! hahaha

Omg that's too funny! My kids haven't figured it out yet... so far im good to continue whistling! lol

There have been a few others. "oooooohhh" but that's the only BJ song song, haha
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Also love singing with Alanis Morissette :)
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Hopelessly Devoted To You- Olivia Newton John
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    Aretha
  • for2day
    for2day Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Well, some may know this guy and some may not - but pretty much anything from Chris Tomlin!!!! :)))
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Journey - Don't Stop Believing.

Doesn't everyone have to belt that one out? It's like a rule of the universe, or something.
    So true!!!!

I also like Good time by Carly Rae Jepson/Owl City.
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oh so many songs! I'm a notorious car singer. lol

(I Don't Wanna Lose) Your Love - The Outfield
    Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
    Everything Falls Apart - Dogs Eye View
    Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
    You Oughta Know - Alanis Morrissette
    California Love - Tupac
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    My station is always tuned to country music so it would have to be Pontoon by Little Big Town, American Honey by Lady Antebellum...the list goes on but those are two favorites. Anything by Luke Bryan too...I'm in lust with him as of late.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Anything early-90's hip hop or angry chick music.

Can't Touch This - MC Hammer
    Baby Got Back - Sir Mix A Lot
    Funky Cold Medina - Tone Loc
    etc.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Oh so many songs! I'm a notorious car singer. lol

(I Don't Wanna Lose) Your Love - The Outfield
    Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
    Everything Falls Apart - Dogs Eye View
    Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
    You Oughta Know - Alanis Morrissette
    California Love - Tupac

red solo cup...
    I lift you up
    lets have a party...lets have a party..

LOVE that song, hahaha
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You oughta know
    Just Dance
    Your love
    What's luv?
    Every Rose Has It's Thorn
    Love Bites
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    OMG..... i cant think of the name...
    it reminds me of two of my bestest friends... its the song that we go mad to... ahh *googles*
    mr brightside - the killers

it started out with a kiss
    how did it end up like this?
    it was only a kiss
    it was only a kiss
  • powerpuffshizzle
    Options
    Baby got back - Sir Mix this was my wedding song so I have to sing and go crazy when it is on
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Uh, a lot of songs, but the one I got caught on was Joe Diffie, "Prop Me Up Beside the Jukebox (if I die)" ...I was in bumper-to-bumper in DC and was trying not to poke my eyes out on my way home from an already 10 hour day and it was nice out, my windows were down, unfortunately, so was the car's going by and the teenage girl in the car thought it was a hoot apparently b/c she was laughing and pointing.....glad I could give her a laugh. I was just trying to stay sane.

I've totally rocked out to this same song in traffic. I don't know why but the song always makes me smile and sing along too.

That being said if I know all the words I'll sing along to just about anything.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    You're in the car alone. You can crank the music up as loud as you like. What song comes on that you HAVE to sing with, every time? Not the ones you just sing the chorus of, I'm talking the one you know every word to and belt out with all you've got! Mine is Fiona Apple's Criminal. There are others, but that's one of my faves.

Ok, I just had to reply to this one. I must say, I sing with nearly every song I hear on the radio, but Fiona is one of my favorites (and my range is similar to hers too). I've done Criminal karaoke a couple of times (but with my own disc, so no words on the screen). I love the soulfulness and passion in her voice.

Another one of my favorites is Jason Mraz. :wink:
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I sing along to every song that I have playing in my CD player in the car. Even if I don't know the words I make up stuff. I love to sing in the car.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Anything by Chris Cornell, Pearl Jam, or Foo Fighters. Lol

The funny thing about me is I totally stop singing when the car stops, and then start again when I start moving. Lol.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    You're in the car alone. You can crank the music up as loud as you like. What song comes on that you HAVE to sing with, every time? Not the ones you just sing the chorus of, I'm talking the one you know every word to and belt out with all you've got! Mine is Fiona Apple's Criminal. There are others, but that's one of my faves.

Ok, I just had to reply to this one. I must say, I sing with nearly every song I hear on the radio, but Fiona is one of my favorites (and my range is similar to hers too). I've done Criminal karaoke a couple of times (but with my own disc, so no words on the screen). I love the soulfulness and passion in her voice.

Another one of my favorites is Jason Mraz. :wink:

Excellent! I'm right there with you, and can hit every note. I love her. Another fave is Black Velvet :heart:
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Well, some may know this guy and some may not - but pretty much anything from Chris Tomlin!!!! :)))

he has a song called "our god" that i absolutely love!! dont hear it much on the radio though