6 week 6 pack - anybody completed?

Options
I've just finished Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and decided 6 week 6 pack is where I want to go next!

I'm looking at the vids on youtube, and I can see that there are 2 levels, but is there a specific number of days you should do each level like in the shred?

Anybody want to join me in doing this workout? I'll probably do it 3 or 4 times a week rather than 6, so it will take longer than 6 weeks, but I'm fine with that. I run or swim on other days :)

Any advice, tips, or even results pics would be appreciated!!

Replies

• loriaqui
    loriaqui Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just bought it and plan on doing it after I finish 30DS...I believe it said 3weeks level one and 3weeks level two.
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    ah cool, thanks for the reply :) I'm guessing that's 3 weeks doing it 6 days? Do you think it'd be ok to do it the same number of times (18 each level?) just spread out more?
  • millyvanilli321
    Options
    bumping for more advice please :)
  • sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing it and I like it a lot. The first time I did it, I was way too sore to do it again for the next two days lol. My original plan was to do each level 4 times a week for 3 weeks and then switch to the next.
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I will be on week 4 on sunday and what i have done is 7 days each level. i took my one day breaks but made sure i didn't move up a week without doing the 7 days. i have seen others not be religious to it like i am and incorporated other exercise and did 6wk 6pk maybe 3-4 times a week.

i am barely starting to notice a tad difference in my stomach. i would notice MORE if i ate less carbs and sodium intake kept low but i am going to focus on doing that next week. so far my pics from day 1 to now are looking good :)

good luck!
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I am starting today and my intention is to do it every other day (killer buns and thighs on the other days and rest on Sunday). I figured out that that makes 36 workouts between now and the end of the year, so I am going to do 18 workouts (M,W,F for six weeks) and then move up to level 2.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Is it all on YouTube? If so, could you link me to it - I'd be interested in doing it too.
  • millyvanilli321
    Options
    I can only find clips of it on youtube, sorry. (I downloaded, sshhh :tongue: )

Gingerjen - How is Killer buns and thighs? I'm interested in mixing it up with another workout!

I will be doing it 3 times a week, mixed with running and swimming on other days, so I think I'll try to do 4 weeks (12 workouts) then move up to level 2. 4 weeks of the same routine might get a bit boring, I don't want to end up quiting, so might do 2 weeks L1, 2 week L2, 2 weeks L1 2 weeks L2? Then I'll still get 12 workouts from each level in?

Maybe it doesn't work like that though.....thoughts?
  • gingerjen7
    Options

Gingerjen - How is Killer buns and thighs? I'm interested in mixing it up with another workout!

I will be doing it 3 times a week, mixed with running and swimming on other days, so I think I'll try to do 4 weeks (12 workouts) then move up to level 2. 4 weeks of the same routine might get a bit boring, I don't want to end up quiting, so might do 2 weeks L1, 2 week L2, 2 weeks L1 2 weeks L2? Then I'll still get 12 workouts from each level in?

I'll let you know tonight; plan to do it before dinner. I'm a little scared; I heard it really is KILLER. But I was anxious about doing 6 Week 6 Pack as well because other times I've tried to do it I only did half the workout before I said, "I'm sure that's good enough" but I went through both circuits yesterday without even contemplating quitting, so I think 30 Day Shred got me in pretty decent shape so I can do this without feeling like I want to die or quit and find something easier!
  • millyvanilli321
    Options

I'll let you know tonight; plan to do it before dinner. I'm a little scared; I heard it really is KILLER. But I was anxious about doing 6 Week 6 Pack as well because other times I've tried to do it I only did half the workout before I said, "I'm sure that's good enough" but I went through both circuits yesterday without even contemplating quitting, so I think 30 Day Shred got me in pretty decent shape so I can do this without feeling like I want to die or quit and find something easier!

I just find that she goes so fast! I can't keep up with her and I still haven't got to grips with the form of most of the moves. I've only done it a couple of times and not made it all the way through yet, but tonight is the night, I'm determined!

How did you find it?
  • gingerjen7
    Options

I just find that she goes so fast! I can't keep up with her and I still haven't got to grips with the form of most of the moves. I've only done it a couple of times and not made it all the way through yet, but tonight is the night, I'm determined!

How did you find it?
    It was good. The warm up was longer and more intense than I am used to, but that's because the workout itself is more intense. There were some killer moves, but like 6 Week 6 Pack, even though it was challenging, I knew I could do it. I had sweat dripping from me almost the entire time and I can't say that I never wanted to quit (particularly the 1 legged static chair squat--my GOD the woman is insane!), but Jillian must know that because she kept saying "This workout is not going to go on forever. It's only 30 minutes. You can stick with it for 30 minutes!)" and she's right. It worked my legs and butt all over, as well as a little bit of abs, which was killer since I am a tad sore from 6 Week 6 Pack. Her cool down/stretching is longer in this video as well, which was one of the hardest things for me because I am so used to her holding a stretch for like 5/10 seconds, and would think she was done so I'd drop the stretch and then look at the screen and she's still doing it for another 10 seconds. I'll have to remember that next time. My body seems to think we should rush the cool down after her speed stretching in 30 Day Shred :laugh:

All in all, it was good. I got a GREAT burn. I'll stick with it and expect some decent results. I've decided to blog about it (and 6 week 6 pack, and anything else I feel like talking about) so you can check that out if you want http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/gingerjen7?month=201210
  • millyvanilli321
    Options

How did you find it?
    It was good. The warm up was longer and more intense than I am used to, but that's because the workout itself is more intense. There were some killer moves, but like 6 Week 6 Pack, even though it was challenging, I knew I could do it. I had sweat dripping from me almost the entire time and I can't say that I never wanted to quit (particularly the 1 legged static chair squat--my GOD the woman is insane!), but Jillian must know that because she kept saying "This workout is not going to go on forever. It's only 30 minutes. You can stick with it for 30 minutes!)" and she's right. It worked my legs and butt all over, as well as a little bit of abs, which was killer since I am a tad sore from 6 Week 6 Pack. Her cool down/stretching is longer in this video as well, which was one of the hardest things for me because I am so used to her holding a stretch for like 5/10 seconds, and would think she was done so I'd drop the stretch and then look at the screen and she's still doing it for another 10 seconds. I'll have to remember that next time. My body seems to think we should rush the cool down after her speed stretching in 30 Day Shred :laugh:

All in all, it was good. I got a GREAT burn. I'll stick with it and expect some decent results. I've decided to blog about it (and 6 week 6 pack, and anything else I feel like talking about) so you can check that out if you want http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/gingerjen7?month=201210

Awesome thanks for the tips :) I'll follow your blog to see how you're doing n get an idea of the workout :glasses: