looking for supportive friends

Options
avivan
avivan Posts: 45 Member
Hi Everyone! I've been around here for a while now, I started logging in April but more recently started getting involved in the community aspect of MFP.

My stats: I'm 33, SW at 232, 5'6", and my first goal is to get to sub-200, and I'm about 8 lbs away from that goal. My next immediate goal is about 20-25 lbs and then the sky is the limit (so another 30 lbs at least). I'm currently dealing with ITBS (hip injury) and getting physical therapy for it. I can't do much more than very low impact cardio right now. I'm stretching about 30 minutes or more a day, doing my prescribed strength exercises at home and just started planks. Eventually (sooner than later) I'd like to start lifting heavy and getting really fit.

My theory is slow and steady wins the race, and that I am a work in progress. I don't ever say I cheated on anything. I just try to eat balanced and healthy meals and snacks. I never deprive myself or make myself feel like I missing out in life. My goal is to lose weight and keep it off so I never have to go through this again.

I really want to provide encouragement to others and get the same in return so anyone interested in that, please let me know!

Replies

• Brianna72994
    Options
    I would love to offer support, I'm looking to lose alot too so hopefully I can help motivate :)
  • avivan
    avivan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I really the all the positivity on MFP! Helps keep all the bad (sabotaging) stuff away :).
  • SheAnn58
    Options
    Just the topic I was looking for. I have just started this journey of weight loss again! Any encouragement I can give to you all I would be happy to. And the encouragement I get back I would be grateful for. Motivation and accountablity are two of the things that help me when I am on this road to healthy eating. I hope to see you guys on. I will check in later when I get home from work. Have a great day.
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello If you need some support. You can add me as a friend. We are all on this journey to a healthy life. One pound at a time. Bless you Peace
  • Daniel11
    Options
    hi
    I have just started mfp and it seems really good. I would love to offer and recieve support on what will be an exciting journey into a healthy new futher!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mom2monkeyz
    mom2monkeyz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 35 years old and had the app about a year ago. I just got tired of logging in everyday but I am really did like the free site so here I am again. Ready to do this right!! I have about 35-40 lbs to lose. I am also over 200 and am looking to get below. It has been a long time since. I have a small amount to lose to get to that great feeling of 199 and then even lower!!

Add me if you like. I hope to give encouragement as well as receive!
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    welcome! im 36 and have about 48 more lbs. to lose to reach my goal. i could use all the motivational support from anyone i can get! that is what keeps me going and i of course always return it! feel free to add me.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am a supportive friend :) I just did some friend tree trimming and looking for some people who like to comment and talk :) It reeaally helps you on this site to have talkative helpful friends !!! Makes you feel like you aren't in it alone!!
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Great work so far! I've been on this journey for about 2.5 years. Started out at 211# (I'm 5' 9") and wearing a size 16-18. Today I'm about 150# and wear a size 6-8. I hope in addition to watching the scale you have taken measurements and pictures. The scale can be your best friend one day and your worst enemy the next! I have weighed less in my life (I'm 41) but haven't been this size since BEFORE high school! Remember that if the scale isn't giving you the # you want!

Good luck and feel free to add me if you like.

Michelle
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Soulds like a good plan ona "one-der land is in your future! Add me if you like
  • meghangg
    meghangg Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    having friends on this site makes a huge difference. it's wonderful to get support from others, and also to give support to those in your circle. good luck, and anyone in the thread can feel free to add me. I'm 40 and would like to lose 20 pounds (for starters)

good luck everyone!
  • mandabrett
    mandabrett Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I added you!