340 days 158lbs down

Options

Replies

• br04416
    br04416 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! What a great story!
    Just amazing! Shows what hard work and sticking to something will do for your life :)
  • AnitaRose72
    AnitaRose72 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That is Fantastic!! You are an inspiration!!!
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! What an amazing success story! Keep it up! Blessings!! <><
  • angee1126
    angee1126 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Congrats to you! Very inspiring! :drinker:
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and Congratulaions!!!
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed your pics and story, thanks! I laughed out loud when I saw the side-by-side of you and George Clooney... you gotta get a face shot of you at the same angle he's at in the picture and repost... that was great! Good job, good attitude, hope you have a great future with permanent healthy habits.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    good job! Looking good
  • NorthWoodsLee
    NorthWoodsLee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You've done a fantastic job and your story is very inspiring. I did a great job over the summer but I'm finding my resolve slipping a bit. Your story is very inspirational and I intend to use it to make sure I stay firmly on track. Much thanks!
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    great story and loved your writing! congratulations to you for all your hard work- very handsome too
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,250 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing story. Congratulations on your huge accomplishment! Very handsome indeed:drinker: :heart:
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! You are a living, breathing testimony to the rest of us that this CAN be done. I personally appreciate it because this story is what I needed to hear today. I am only 2 days into a lifestyle change with 50 lbs to lose. That feels monumental to me, but it's nothing compared to what you have done. Also, the fact that you are a fellow veteran is encouraging as well. I KNOW what to do, it's just a matter of doing it. I've already been trained, I just have to get off my butt and get back at it!
    God bless you.
  • fatcatjack
    Options
    Congrats!! You look incredible!!!
  • kcrobk
    kcrobk Posts: 1
    Options
    Great Job man. It's been fun watching you get skinnier every time I see you.
  • sarahfinlay1
    Options
    thought the barbq pig was a pet dog lol...till i looked closer..........thanks for sharing....gonna get up early and walk round london...Buckingham Palace 4 x a week and think of u....Sarah....GOOD JOB MATE
  • southernbelle85
    Options
    Great job! Thank you for sharing! You are such an inspiration!
  • PaprikaPrincess
    PaprikaPrincess Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and I bet you feel fantastic too!
  • m23gm25
    m23gm25 Posts: 157
    Options
    You look fantastic! You have every right to be proud of what you have accomplished. Way to go!
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Nteeter- I am impressed! A lot of that fortitude came from being a Marine, I'm sure! I started at 356 lbs, and I'm down to 293. I eat low carb, high protein.No potatoes, pasta, rice, sugar, bread. I did this diet before when I was younger and lost about 90 lbs, but I am now 57 yrs. old and my metabolism isn't cooperating. Any way, I walk 5-6 days a week and go to a joint mobility class and do Tai-Chi 3 times a week and I was lifting weights, but I'm disabled and have some joint problems so"insanity" is out' What I'm getting around to is what did you do when you hit the "dreaded plateau" as we all do at some point. thats where I am now. Because of your sucess, I was hoping that you might have some advice that would help me break out of this. Thanks in advance for taking time to read this!

I never plateaued. There were weeks where I worried about that but stick a little tighter to the fundamentals and keep exercising. I think our bodies go through changes like say I would lose 10/20lbs and not see the difference but two weeks later I'd need new pants. So just stick to it, your body will kick in. Also try eating smaller high powered meals more often that will increase metabolism.
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    brilliant congrats :happy:
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ok made through all the posts. I can't say thank you enough! I've been holding in what I have achieved for awhile now and it really poured out just now.

I'm no one special. I just got off the couch and did it like a zombie. My little mantra for this was from Nike "just do it" to me it was that simple. Well guess what? I totally just did it!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!