Must-Chew Food Finds From HG!!!

Options
Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
Gerber Graduates For Toddlers Yogurt Melts

PER SERVING (1/4 cup): 30 calories, 0g fat, 15mg sodium, 5g carbs, 0g fiber, 4g sugars, 1g protein -- POINTS® value 1*

Here we go again, eating baby food. We can't stay away from it. This latest find comes in Peach, Strawberry, and (our fave) Mixed Berries. These things are INSANELY unique and delicious -- and like nothing we've ever tasted before. Imagine popping an itty bitty meringue in your mouth, only instead of having that hard sugary bite, it instantly turns into a warm puddle of yogurt in an almost magical Willy Wonka kind of way (we know it sounds weird and maybe even a little gross, but trust us, these things are INCREDIBLE). They're made from freeze-dried whipped yogurt and fruit -- cool! And while the back of the bag warns, "This product should only be fed to seated, supervised children who are accustomed to chewing solid foods," we're being rebellious yet again and eating it ourselves -- and we're not always seated and/or supervised. Find these in the baby food aisle.

Promax 70 Calorie High Energy Snack Bars

PER SERVING (1 bar): 70 calories, 1.5 - 2g fat, 45 - 55mg sodium, 9 - 10g carbs, <1g fiber, 6 - 7g sugars, 5g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

As crowded as the bar market already is, there's always room for a new bar, if it's a goodie. And these 70-calorie bars from Promax are GREAT. Our issue with so many bars is that they're often huge and have too many calories. Anything over the 150-calorie mark heads from snack land into mini-meal land, and we don't always want to eat a bar as a meal. These all-natural bars -- which come in Cookies 'N Cream (white coating, chocolate innards), Nutty Butter Crisp (tastes like Butterfinger!), and Double Fudge Brownie (brownie-licious) -- hit it out of the park. Why? For starters, they taste delicious (very dense and candy bar-ish in texture). They also pack in 5 grams of protein, so they're satisfying. And they contain just 70 calories, which is the PERFECT amount for a cute little snack. We've found ourselves reaching for these over all of our 100-calorie packs lately. Hmmmmmmm... Click here for a list of stores that stock 'em, or just order some online.

Better'n Peanut Butter, Chocolate

PER SERVING (2 tbsp.): 100 calories, 2g fat, 190mg sodium, 13g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g sugars, 4g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

You may already know about Better'n Peanut Butter, the PB alternative with practically half the calories and a fraction of the fat in regular peanut butter. We use it in recipes (and we like it straight, too, but it's not for everyone!). Well, the folks behind original Better'n PB have just released a CHOCOLATE version that's FANTASTIC. Even if you don't love the original, we think you'll feel differently about the sweet, slightly chocolatey version of this spread. And if you're already a fan of Better'n PB, you will FLIP over this new one! Here are some things we like to do with it. 1. Chill it in the fridge, and then lick it off a spoon (no double dipping!). 2. Make chocolately PB-ish baked items (like guilt-free cupcakes and brownies) by swirling it into the batter. 3. Spread it on rice cakes! This stuff ROCKS but is very hard to find in stores (at least for now).

http://hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1428

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Options
    Gerber Graduates For Toddlers Yogurt Melts

PER SERVING (1/4 cup): 30 calories, 0g fat, 15mg sodium, 5g carbs, 0g fiber, 4g sugars, 1g protein -- POINTS® value 1*

Here we go again, eating baby food. We can't stay away from it. This latest find comes in Peach, Strawberry, and (our fave) Mixed Berries. These things are INSANELY unique and delicious -- and like nothing we've ever tasted before. Imagine popping an itty bitty meringue in your mouth, only instead of having that hard sugary bite, it instantly turns into a warm puddle of yogurt in an almost magical Willy Wonka kind of way (we know it sounds weird and maybe even a little gross, but trust us, these things are INCREDIBLE). They're made from freeze-dried whipped yogurt and fruit -- cool! And while the back of the bag warns, "This product should only be fed to seated, supervised children who are accustomed to chewing solid foods," we're being rebellious yet again and eating it ourselves -- and we're not always seated and/or supervised. Find these in the baby food aisle.

Promax 70 Calorie High Energy Snack Bars

PER SERVING (1 bar): 70 calories, 1.5 - 2g fat, 45 - 55mg sodium, 9 - 10g carbs, <1g fiber, 6 - 7g sugars, 5g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

As crowded as the bar market already is, there's always room for a new bar, if it's a goodie. And these 70-calorie bars from Promax are GREAT. Our issue with so many bars is that they're often huge and have too many calories. Anything over the 150-calorie mark heads from snack land into mini-meal land, and we don't always want to eat a bar as a meal. These all-natural bars -- which come in Cookies 'N Cream (white coating, chocolate innards), Nutty Butter Crisp (tastes like Butterfinger!), and Double Fudge Brownie (brownie-licious) -- hit it out of the park. Why? For starters, they taste delicious (very dense and candy bar-ish in texture). They also pack in 5 grams of protein, so they're satisfying. And they contain just 70 calories, which is the PERFECT amount for a cute little snack. We've found ourselves reaching for these over all of our 100-calorie packs lately. Hmmmmmmm... Click here for a list of stores that stock 'em, or just order some online.

Better'n Peanut Butter, Chocolate

PER SERVING (2 tbsp.): 100 calories, 2g fat, 190mg sodium, 13g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g sugars, 4g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

You may already know about Better'n Peanut Butter, the PB alternative with practically half the calories and a fraction of the fat in regular peanut butter. We use it in recipes (and we like it straight, too, but it's not for everyone!). Well, the folks behind original Better'n PB have just released a CHOCOLATE version that's FANTASTIC. Even if you don't love the original, we think you'll feel differently about the sweet, slightly chocolatey version of this spread. And if you're already a fan of Better'n PB, you will FLIP over this new one! Here are some things we like to do with it. 1. Chill it in the fridge, and then lick it off a spoon (no double dipping!). 2. Make chocolately PB-ish baked items (like guilt-free cupcakes and brownies) by swirling it into the batter. 3. Spread it on rice cakes! This stuff ROCKS but is very hard to find in stores (at least for now).

http://hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1428
  • cupcakes8kr
    cupcakes8kr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks for this. Can't wait to get my HG cookbook, maybe this weekend if I can find one.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Very welcome :bigsmile:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the promax bars?
    Are they easy to find at target, super markets etc?

Thanks, kim
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I've never heard of them until now.. sorry :ohwell:
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    GREAT! WHAT STORE SELLS THESE??
  • Doozie
    Doozie Posts: 53
    Options
    I get the Promax bars at Trader Joes. They have several different flavors some better than others. I love them when I need protein and a sweet fix all in one. The price is right too!
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    OH SHUCKS, WE DON'T HAVE A TRADER JOES HERE. I CONTACTED THEM A WHILE BACK BUT, DO NOT SEE THEM COMING ANYTIME SOON. DO YOU KNOW OF ANOTHER LOCATION? THANKS.
  • Doozie
    Doozie Posts: 53
    Options
    Check out this web site. You can put your zip code in and find the closest retailer.

http://www.promaxnutrition.net/store-locator/
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Check out this web site. You can put your zip code in and find the closest retailer.

http://www.promaxnutrition.net/store-locator/

or, you can order them online:
    http://www.promaxnutrition.net/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=9&zenid=1ba5d2c9326c4beaa1694026e16281a5