Does anybody's digital scale do this?

Options
So I purchased a digital scale (WW body fat% one) in August to get a better idea of my weight loss because I thought they were more accurate then the standard Publix scales....

When I weigh myself on the digital scale it shows the same weight for days and days (like to the exact .1) even if I weigh myself before I go to the bathroom and then after I go to the bathroom. Only if I lose more than 1 pound will the weight on the scale then I guess "recalibrate" and change appropriately, and then it's stuck there for another week or so displaying the same exact weight over and over again.

My question is, does anybody else have a digital scale that works like this. I wanted to see if I lost tenths of a pound but it seems that hope is futile lol.

Replies

• FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I used to have a WW scale and had that same problem. If it wasn't stuck at one weight for over a week, it would jump up and down by a difference of up to 3 pounds if I stepped on it a few times in a row. Unfortunately, they just don't make good quality scales. :( I bought an Eat Smart scale on amazon and it works MUCH better.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Nope, my glass salter scale shows my weight changes quite accurately(unfortunately).
    Only make I trust.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Mine is really good at moving up and down, but moves on 0.2 increments. What is wonky on it is my BMI calculator...it says I'm 36% which is nowhere near accurate. It's always been way off on that so I just ignore that part.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't do that. When i (AHEM) weigh myself before and after using the bathroom, it will show the difference. It will also show the difference during morning and night weigh-ins...i have a food scale...I think one day I might weigh everything in a meal, and then see if the same weight shows up the scale, lol.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Mine is the same, requires a difference of at least one pound or it gives the same number. Just grab something heavy (well, heavier than a pound; my scale is in the kitchen so I just grab a frying pan) and get on the scale so the measured weight increases, then put it down and weigh yourself again and it'll give you an accurate reading.
  • tiffanysb
    tiffanysb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I used to have a WW scale and had that same problem. If it wasn't stuck at one weight for over a week, it would jump up and down by a difference of up to 3 pounds if I stepped on it a few times in a row. Unfortunately, they just don't make good quality scales. :( I bought an Eat Smart scale on amazon and it works MUCH better.

mine does the same thing. I have to get on it a few times and see which weight pops up the most.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I have 'the biggest looser' scale.. bought about 4 yrs ago.. around $27 .. digital... works fine.. just recenlty had to replace the battery. .like $5 at target.. but no probs on if i weigh in more then once a wk.. or if i weigh in one morning and ive lost a good amount and im like hmme???? so i check a cpl more times to be sure :wink: and it never messes up!
    hmmm if its new maybe u should return it if you can
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Mine tends to 'stick' on one weight as well. I either make a kid jump on it to reset, or grab something heavy to weigh with (usually the cat :tongue:) That does the trick.
  • theonly1iknow
    theonly1iknow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    wow! it's a revelation! I thought it was me being paranoid with the scale!! mine(also a WW one, doesn't ever show a difference before and after my *ahem* 'morning routine'!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Mine is the same, requires a difference of at least one pound or it gives the same number. Just grab something heavy (well, heavier than a pound; my scale is in the kitchen so I just grab a frying pan) and get on the scale so the measured weight increases, then put it down and weigh yourself again and it'll give you an accurate reading.

Good idea, thanks!
  • StarLeopard
    StarLeopard Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Digital scales are no more accurate than standard scales for the same money. But they give that impression and are easier to read. You should be able to see a significant difference between before and after if you're drinking enough water. :drinker: "A pint's a pound the world around."
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Yes! I actually bought a new one a couple of years ago because I thought it was just a lousy brand. My new one does the same thing. I try to remember to step on the scale at the end of the night fully clothed and wearing shoes if I know I want to weigh in the next morning. I just call them my lazy scales.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I have a WW scale that I really hate as well. Most days it is ok, but some days it is all over the place. I have even stood on it at times and watched it go up and down while I am standing still. Crazy! Wish I could find a digital that is accurate, but haven't so far.
  • Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My scale does this!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    My Tanita digital, bf% scale does not respond that way.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    oof, mine does exactly the same.

I stood on it with 3kg dumbell this morning just to check if it shifted accordingly.

will try and 'reset' it regularly as some of the others have suggested!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone has ever listened to me on this, but when someone posts that their weight hasn't even changed by an oz, I suggest they check to see if they have a lazy scale by trying to holding something heavy trick. I wonder sometimes how many people are thinking they are plateaued and it's really that their scale is being an evil genius. :laugh:
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Nope, my scale frequently goes down by .1-.2 a day. But then some days with water weight fluctuations I'll be suddenly up or down by a lot.
  • ppatricia81
    ppatricia81 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one with this problem, I have a digital scale and when i weigh myself multiple times in the morning it gives me different weights usually about 1-2lbs difference. so i just post the most common number that pops up.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Mine will stick if there hasn't been much change. I pull up or push down on a nearby towel bar to reset it.