Digital or Analog Scales???

Options
I don't have a scale at home and I am planning to buy one. It will be the first scale I'll owned so I need a bit of help.

What do you think... Digital or Analog and why??

Replies

• USMC1968
    USMC1968 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Love my digital... gives me tenths of a pound :drinker:
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I like my digital! It goes to the .1 of a pound, plus it's easier to read. I had an analog before, and I couldn't read it well at all. I much prefer my digital over the analog.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I use digital no more rocking back and forth to try to jog it lower and it gives me BF% skeletal muscle % visceral fat% BMI and Resting Metabolic rate so even if weight is stalled I can see body fat dropping and feel better about my progress
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else has said. Digital so it goes to .1, but I wish I had purchased one that does BF% when I got mine
  • comedyplus
    Options
    Digital is my recommendation.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I have a digital one...it's a really cheap model, it only weighs in 0.5lb increments, but it's pretty accurate when comapred to the doctor type scale, and it's easy to read. i would never consider an old school one.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Digital, it's more precise. My scale also provides a body fat percentage estimate. It may not be 100% accurate, but it provides a benchmark in regard to body fat.
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    LOVE the bf% digital scale I got from Walmart for around $40. Weighs very consistently. The bf% of up and down, but it will give you a general idea of the trend.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Not contest. Digital.
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    ofcourse digital... lol@ analog

All industries, businesses use digital. imagine analog scale when you buy your produce... rofl.. unless its in 3rd world country
    ok serious.
    when i weight my fiber. up to a gram, how do i do it with analog? only digital will give me precision to gram
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    i have a digital... but I would love to have an analog, i just think its more precise.

wish i could go to the doctor´s office all the time to use one of these.. I dont believe in my digital scale that much.
    28_bascula_m20812.jpg
  • RumRum85
    RumRum85 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Digital! easier to reset to 0 and no reading errors! (reading errors in analog: thinckness of the indicator, annoying shadows, the angle where you are viewing, etc).

Just don't become a slave of the precission, 1 pound and 1.0002342342 are the same
  • RumRum85
    RumRum85 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i have a digital... but I would love to have an analog, i just think its more precise.

wish i could go to the doctor´s office all the time to use one of these.. I dont believe in my digital scale that much.
    28_bascula_m20812.jpg

this is the best scale!
  • LeeLee0415
    Options
    I bought a cheap sunbeam brand digital scale for around 12 bucks at walmart and it works fine for me.
  • eecruzmd
    eecruzmd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I use digital no more rocking back and forth to try to jog it lower and it gives me BF% skeletal muscle % visceral fat% BMI and Resting Metabolic rate so even if weight is stalled I can see body fat dropping and feel better about my progress

Well I didn't know digital scales can do all of this so I guess I need to go in research mode and see how much it will cost me. I am very much interested in it now. Thanks all for the help.